By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Most evil man: Adolf Hitler or Osama Bin Laden?

ssj12 said:
psrock said:
ssj12 said:
I really dont consider Adolf really that evil... his goal was for the greater good of German. Which really he was somewhat successful at doing. Yes the way he did that was cruel but there has been cruelty beyond his level in the past.

wtf are you talking about. The man tried and nearly wiped a whole group of people. If that's not evil, i don't know what is.

trust me, Julius Caesar and any many others in history were worse. Napoleon Bonaparte wasn't the greatest man in history either.

While I do believe Hitler was wrong in a ton of aspects he was still a great leader for German and one of the greatest leaders in history.

I am speechless right now, it's one thing  to debate how evil some others were compared to Hitler, but to find greatness in the way he lead is quite disturbing.

Come on, in 2009,  with so much resources out there i don't need to be defending this.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
ssj12 said:
psrock said:
ssj12 said:
I really dont consider Adolf really that evil... his goal was for the greater good of German. Which really he was somewhat successful at doing. Yes the way he did that was cruel but there has been cruelty beyond his level in the past.

wtf are you talking about. The man tried and nearly wiped a whole group of people. If that's not evil, i don't know what is.

trust me, Julius Caesar and any many others in history were worse. Napoleon Bonaparte wasn't the greatest man in history either.

While I do believe Hitler was wrong in a ton of aspects he was still a great leader for German and one of the greatest leaders in history.

Hitler was a brilliant and charasmatic leader, but he was also an evil bastard. The only real flaw on his record is the holocaust - it just so happens that the holocaust is the one of the most evil crimes against humanity of all time.

Caesar was in a different time, there was only one act that I can think of of his that was unjustifiably cruel (the slaughter at Avaricum) the rest of it was just war. He did kill 1/3 of the Gallic males but thats because the Gauls would always fight him, again and again. He did sell 1/3 of the Gauls into slavery but in those days that is what happened in war. Evil can only be viewed as an exception to the rule at the contemporary time - the founding fathers were not evil because they owned slaves - it was not exceptional at the time.

What Hitler did was exceptionally evil for the time, what Caesar did was generally within what was accepted at the time as the rules of war.

super_etecoon said:
ssj12 said:
psrock said:
ssj12 said:

Matt....what Hitler did was evil.  I don't care if there were more evil men in history, but for you to say he wasn't "that evil" and was justified by his intentions is disturbing.  That you seem to agree that it was for the "greater good of German[y]" is even more so.

Yes what he did was wrong but overall he was trying to create the greatest nation in the world for his people. His intentions were good but his actions were plain evil. Massive genocide is pretty damn cruel, but it is still happening today in many counties. It is wrong but unlike the armies trying to take over other countries for their own personal gain, Hitler was trying to make his country safer and more stable for his citizens. (Note: You seriously need to watch some of the documentaries on this..)

Now tell me this. During WWII while Hitler was doing his deeds, how do you view the United States of America's actions taken against American of Japanese decent? While the intent was to protect the masses we detained millions of Japanese Americans and Japanese tourists in prisons not much better than what Hitler's best camps were. And yes, we did let them die from illnesses without any help.

There is evil throughout the world. While actions speak louder than words, the actions of an individual like Hitler is just as evil as plenty of people throughout the history of the human race.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Hitler triggered World War 2 with the invasion of Poland back in September 1939.
More than 50 million people were killed during World War 2. 20 million of them were Russians
Hitler's Nazis killed 6 million out of 13 million Jewish people through the Final Solution between 1941 to 1945. Known as the Jewish Holacaust.

Adolf Hitler was the anti-christ.

ssj12 said:

Yes what he did was wrong but overall he was trying to create the greatest nation in the world for his people. His intentions were good but his actions were plain evil. Massive genocide is pretty damn cruel, but it is still happening today in many counties. It is wrong but unlike the armies trying to take over other countries for their own personal gain, Hitler was trying to make his country safer and more stable for his citizens. (Note: You seriously need to watch some of the documentaries on this..)

Now tell me this. During WWII while Hitler was doing his deeds, how do you view the United States of America's actions taken against American of Japanese decent? While the intent was to protect the masses we detained millions of Japanese Americans and Japanese tourists in prisons not much better than what Hitler's best camps were.

There is evil throughout the world. While actions speak louder than words, the actions of an individual like Hitler is just as evil as plenty of people throughout the history of the human race.

The actions of America towards  Japanese Americans during WWII were wrong and cruel. They were not however genocidal, there was no attempt to kill them all.

The thing that makes the holocaust so evil is not the number killed but the cold calculated and systematic way that they went about it.

Around the Network
Rath said:
ssj12 said:

Now tell me this. During WWII while Hitler was doing his deeds, how do you view the United States of America's actions taken against American of Japanese decent? While the intent was to protect the masses we detained millions of Japanese Americans and Japanese tourists in prisons not much better than what Hitler's best camps were.

The actions of America towards  Japanese Americans during WWII were wrong and cruel. They were not however genocidal, there was no attempt to kill them all.

The thing that makes the holocaust so evil is not the number killed but the cold calculated and systematic way that they went about it.

True, but from what I remember it wasnt Hitler that really created the whole idea how to get rid of the Jewish folks. It was his top brass and he just approved of it. So while he allowed it he wasnt the one who submitted the idea.

edit: I did edit the last post though because we did turn the other check and refuse to save the Japanese detainies from dying from illnesses

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

numonex said:
Hitler triggered World War 2 with the invasion of Poland back in September 1939.
More than 50 million people were killed during World War 2. 20 million of them were Russians
Hitler's Nazis killed 6 million out of 13 million Jewish people through the Final Solution between 1941 to 1945. Known as the Jewish Holacaust.

It can be argued that France, the US, and Britain caused WWII by putting an industrious and proud people into national devastation for 20 years.

There's a lot more to it than "Hitler was a bad, bad man". He rose to power for a reason and gave a desperate people a scapegoat for their problems (the historical whipping boys of the world, the Jews). He then turned that desperation into a ploy for revenge and expansion.

His actions were unjustifiable but they are understandable.

When it comes to "batshit crazy scary people in power", I don't see how it can be argued that Stalin was tops in that department. At least in modern recorded history where the ability to destroy thousands of lives within hours became not only possible, but easy to achieve.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
numonex said:

It can be argued that France, the US, and Britain caused WWII by putting an industrious and proud people into national devastation for 20 years.

There's a lot more to it than "Hitler was a bad, bad man". He rose to power for a reason and gave a desperate people a scapegoat for their problems (the historical whipping boys of the world, the Jews). He then turned that desperation into a ploy for revenge and expansion.

When it comes to "batshit crazy scary people in power", I don't see how it can be argued that Stalin was tops in that department. At least in modern recorded history where the ability to destroy thousands of lives within hours became not only possible, but easy to achieve.

Well someone knows his history. And I believe Hitler lost his mind somewhere along the way.

Still his hatred of "Jews" is also contributed to his mother, if i remember right, because she was of Jewish faith. I think she beat him as a child because he refused the religion. So his hate for it spiraled out of control and turned into the Holocaust.

Ya, A-bomb + A-bomb = a level of genocide that topped Hitler.

There are a lot of stories about Hitler's hate towards jews.

Envy for successful bussines skills.

When he tried to get into a university 5 out of 9 people (i think) that rejected him were jews.

I remember b/c i had to do a paper in college... and i chose it to be about Hitler

rocketpig said:
numonex said:

If only Hitler was accepted into art school. Hitler blamed the Jews for not getting into art school and became an evil, bitter, twisted, monster of a man. His paranoid delusional, psychobable, "Mein Kempf", is one of the worst pieces of literature ever written. The garbage inside Mein Kempf formed the foundations of the Hitler/Nazi ideology. The Nazis are regarded as the most evil regime the world has ever witnessed.

Hitler as a painter, produced some decent pieces of artwork. We only wished he had of been accepted into art school and World War 2 would of never occurred. 50 million - men, women and children would of never been killed during world war 2.

The world has seen over 100's of films, books and stories, video games created based on the Hitler/Nazi - World War 2 theme.