By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Need For Speed Wii Screens & IGN Impressions...

The tester on those IGN vids is going all over the track. I hope that's because he's bad overall and it's not an issue with the controls. It looks very nice though.  

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Around the Network
shams said:
Racing games reached their graphical peak last generation. GT3/GT4 looked great - the cars looked awesome.

Apart from having heaps of cars on the track, cranking up the detail in backgrounds, or modeling uber-fine detail (and interiors) - there just isn't much more you can do in a car game.

There is no reason why a well-made racing game for the Wii couldn't look awesome.

You've either lost your mind or not watched the PGR4 or GT5 high definition trailers. I play GT4 to this day on my ps3, but frankly, it doesn't look anywhere near as good as these Wii screenies, let alone the aforementioned trailers.

chuckd said:
shams said:
Racing games reached their graphical peak last generation. GT3/GT4 looked great - the cars looked awesome.

Apart from having heaps of cars on the track, cranking up the detail in backgrounds, or modeling uber-fine detail (and interiors) - there just isn't much more you can do in a car game.

There is no reason why a well-made racing game for the Wii couldn't look awesome.

You've either lost your mind or not watched the PGR4 or GT5 high definition trailers. I play GT4 to this day on my ps3, but frankly, it doesn't look anywhere near as good as these Wii screenies, let alone the aforementioned trailers.

I think he meant in terms of art direction and realism. He just didn't state it that well.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
chuckd said:
shams said:

I think he meant in terms of art direction and realism. He just didn't state it that well.

Meh... people speak about so many different things about graphic. Being as clueless as I am, all I can do is stay by the side and deciding whether to agree or not what someone else says...

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

a.l.e.x59 said:
Are those Wii graphics? Wow, those look like Playstation 3 graphics.

It looks more like an Xbox game to me. To be honest, I'm a bit disapointed that they went the wiimote tilting way. I'm still waiting for a racing game to drive with the nunchuck analogue stick and use the Wii mote for specific actions ( I WANT ROADRASH WII!)

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network
stof said:
a.l.e.x59 said:
Are those Wii graphics? Wow, those look like Playstation 3 graphics.

It looks more like an Xbox game to me. To be honest, I'm a bit disapointed that they went the wiimote tilting way. I'm still waiting for a racing game to drive with the nunchuck analogue stick and use the Wii mote for specific actions ( I WANT ROADRASH WII!)

May Mario Cart the 1st one to do that?

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Mario Kart will use tilt controls I'm sure...

Eh...maybe both as options...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

That video definitely showed that the cars can't sharp turn, so hopefully that gets fixed, but the odds of me buying this game are about as likely as the odds of me waking up a multi billionaire and the owner of Spain. So that's just a hope for those that would buy it.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.