By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Need For Speed Wii Screens & IGN Impressions...

TWRoO said:
looks pretty good, i might actually buy this because i want a realistic type racer, mainly for my dad who prefers it when the cars look real, but can't use a normal gamepad for some reason. [mainly can't use a control stick with left hand, but also cant use more than 1 button at once] p.s. anyone know if there is a Formula 1 game planned for Wii? if so i'd probably wait for that instead of this.

I think there is an f-1 game planned for wii. "Legends of 500" or something like that. It takes place in the 60s though in the Indy 500, so you can play as famous f1 racers. I don't know much about it though. IGN had a brief preview of it.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

MP3 Graphics are GC1.5??? OMG... here comes the trolling...

GranTurismo said:
It looks a mix between GT4 and the racers on the first xbox, nothing to impressive from the wii so far. I thought the wii was 2-3 times the power of the GC and so far it looks like a Xbox title. Not bashing the wii just the lack of using the so called power of the system to better the games. Just like how MP3 looks like GC 1.5 not GC 3. They need to start using the power of the system or just stop making games for it.

Given your username, I suspect you probably aren't going to be fair to any racer on the Wii (or any other platform for that matter), but those screens are actually very good. They are definitely "replay" screens, though, and we need to see "in-game-play" screens before we judge. EA isn't exactly known for pushing the graphics envelope on ANY game on ANY console so I remain skeptical that they can pull off this quality in-game. Time will tell, of course...

If you go look at the 360/ps3 version on gamespot or IGN (someone please resize and post as I can't do it from here), there isn't a whole hellavu lot of difference in the car models.  Regardless, if one tends to be a graphics whore, then this won't do it for them.

Personally I still prefer Forza 2 to every racer out there.  The graphics are great by any measure but clearly the car models aren't GT5 caliber.  That said, it runs at 60fps and the physics are the best available on any platform at the moment -- period.  Hopefully they get the physics, handling, and others right. 

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

This looks like it's shaping up to be a worthwhile game.

It's as though EA is actually trying this time around, so let's hope this game sells a lot so EA doesn't get a bad impression from wasted efforts.

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

i showed this 2 sum1 from my school and he said... is that for the PS3, it looks wicked!?

I was laugghinn when he said that...it seems the wii's graphics are good enough for general gamers =)

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

I don't know? The last racing game I bought from EA was Most Wanted for the GC. This does look nice but it really doesn't interest me. There's no cops at all and to me, that sucks. When MKWii shows up....THAT'S IT!!! All racing games from that point on will have no effect on me. Is still play MK for the GC and DS

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Good example of what actually working on the system can do.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

lol, i still play MK64, though i have to admit snowboard kids has a longer lasting appeal, it is one of the games [along with pilotwings and F1WGP2] that i set up the n64 for... once its set up i go on the other games too, but those 3 are reasons to unpack the n64 [the F1 game is usually an incentive about once a year, but id like an updated game now because F1WGP2 is from 1998, most drivers have quit.]

thanks for the info vagabond, not bothered about that game though, i basically just want an update to F1WGP2 with some nice accurate steering controls and a modern set of drivers/tracks....this is why i dont understand EA bringing out the same game every year, i only recently want a new F1 game, its been 9 years, who actually buys each years fifa/tigerwoods/tennis cash-in? [is it Nadal who fronts tennis games?]

I bought Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 for GC, thinking it would bring back the good days of Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit. Man was I wrong. It looked great, as this game looks good for the Wii. But it controlled like sh*t, and didn't have a good feeling of speed. That's when I stopped playing NFS games. All this "Underground" super customization and realism they're going for makes me sick.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Ishy said:
i showed this 2 sum1 from my school and he said... is that for the PS3, it looks wicked!?

I was laugghinn when he said that...it seems the wii's graphics are good enough for general gamers =)

lol, that reminds me when Legend11, Mr. 360 fan, thought Smash Brawl's gfx were CGI.... priceless.

And I think this game can look better, but considering it's EA... well is something. BTW I loved Most Wanted because of the wicked cop chases... and Carbon had less of them... and ProStreet has none.