By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - To those who only own ONE console!

I own a PS3 - games I feel I miss out on:

360:
Lost Odyssey
Tales of Vesparia (although I'm not sure I'd like it - I'd try the demo first) it seems it was just announced to come to PS3 (although you shouldn't trust anything that is announced on aprils fools day ...)
Risen (depending on if it turns out to be a good game - my PC won't be able to play it in a satisfactory way)

Wii:
Oboro Muramasa Youtoden
maybe Ougon no Kizuna (if it's a good game)

Around the Network

The only game I'll miss is RE5, since I won't witness how the story unfolds and how Wesker is killed.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

kylohk said:
The only game I'll miss is RE5, since I won't witness how the story unfolds and how Wesker is killed.

You mean how Wesker is killed, again.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

PS3 only owner here, and these are the games I want when I'm getting the other two at some point:

360:
- Mass Effect games
- Gears of War games (I have the first for PC, but no PC to play it on )
- Braid (unless ported to the PS3)
- Dead Rising (I'm still hoping for that crazy PSN-version rumor to come true )
- Condemned: Criminal Origins
And I do want Left 4 Dead, but I refuse to pay for online, so it kinda defeats the point...

Wii:
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Okami (I don't own a PS2, but I would rather have the Wii version anyway)
- No More Heroes
- MadWorld
- Fatal Frame IV (not sure on this one, but could be good)
- Monster Hunter 3

I wont buy a 360 before there is a slim version out!

Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii, LoZ:TP, Resident Evil 4

PS3: LBP, and perhaps Disgaea 3/Valkyria Chronicles (based on what others have said)

Around the Network

On 360: ToV,LO, NGII (coming to ps3 thankfully)

JRPGs tend to grip me emotionally and I get the feeling that those 2 won't fail in that respect.

On Wii: I technically don't own one but we have one at home. I can play it whenever I want but there is nothing so far that I wish to play.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

As a Wii owner, one game i have really missed out on is Portal. Another one is LBP.

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

sparkit34 said:
As a Wii owner, one game i have really missed out on is Portal. Another one is LBP.

I don't have time to play all the games that I have.

I feel about the same way as sparkit34. Of course, I grabbed Portal for PC (and it still sits in its box).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I just went through almost the entire games lists on VGC for these (I missed the last 3 pages of 360 games) And here is a list of games I would consider buying if I had either console... bolded are the ones I would probably buy, (and would likely end up with a smattering of the non-bolded)

PS3
Grand theft Auto 4
Call of Duty 4
Gran Turismo 5 (when it released)
Little Big Planet
Burnout Paradise
Mirror's Edge (I don't know much about it, but it looks interesting)
Formula 1 Championship edition

PSN
Probably a few pixeljunk games and some of the other unusual things like flower and flOw etc... would likely end up with more PSN gams than full PS3 games.

Grand Theft Auto 4
Call of Duty 4
Mass Effect
Forza Motorsport 2
Burnout Paradise
Viva Pinata

XBL

1 or 2 like Geometry Wars (If I still have my Wii, probably the second one as I have RE1 already) Likely Braid too

Edit. GRiD is another possibility on both consoles.

Well ive got only a Wii and quite a good PC (so i can play games like Fallout or Mass Effect). So the games that im missing and would love to play are:

Resident Evil 5
Fable II (still hopin for a PC version)
Valkyria Chronicles
Tales of Vesperia
Lost Odyssey

Well i really could use a 360 but, i simply cant afford it, and i have no time to play my wii as much as i would want, so i wouldnt have time to play on the 360.