By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Has Zelda franchise lost its way since Ocarina?

well considering WW is my 2nd favourite game of all time, they can stfu

Twilightman on Gametrailers

Around the Network

The overhaul that WW provided was unnecessary in my opinion. It's like making a Mario game after giving Mario a nose job and liposuction. The gameplay can be as solid as ever, but it just wouldn't be Mario.

Likewise, Zelda fans got used to a link that was about 12 years old and had certain features to him. To completely revamp his character was unexpected and unwanted by some. I'm bound to annoy a few fanboys, but the facts are there.

Maynard_Tool said:
well i haven't played MM. But WW, TP, and PH are great. Love em. So...NO

Your'e kidding me, right? MM is one of the greatest Zelda game ever!

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
MasterZack said:
Maynard_Tool said:
well i haven't played MM. But WW, TP, and PH are great. Love em. So...NO

Well i didn't have a N64.... my sister got it, but a year later i got the Gc. I'm waiting for it to come out in the VC. Just like i waited for OoT =)

I know i know... shame on me =(

Sigamos en el otro hilo, para dejar morir este.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
Around the Network
MasterZack said:

It is a mediocre game at best. Easily the worst game in the series. The mask concept just didn't work out so well honestly. I will never understand why VGChartz loves this game so much.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

MasterZack said:

No, I will not make out with you.

I wonder if anyone will believe that's actually what he said.

OT: I was initially turned off my MMs time traveling aspects, basically I hate time limits in games. Still haven't got a chance to play it. I wonder how awesome it is.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

burgerstein said:
MasterZack said:

No, I will not make out with you.

I wonder if anyone will believe that's actually what he said.

OT: I was initially turned off my MMs time traveling aspects, basically I hate time limits in games. Still haven't got a chance to play it. I wonder how awesome it is.

It's a delectable game, meant to be enjoyed. I recommend picking it up when it hits VC.

I really liked TWW, it was a fesh breeze for the series but i always prefer realistic graphics on Zelda after OoT. For me TP was the creme de la creme of all zelda expieriences, loved every aspect of it. A huge world, a very good music score (if not a super music score. See now Soriku how it's a matter of oppinion? Now hush child), imo TP had the best story of all the console Zelda's as well as gameplay mechanics.

So yeah, i really like TP.

If i lose access to this profile as well....I'm done with this site.....You've been warned!!.....whoever you are...

Happy Wii60 user. Me and my family are a perfect example of where hardcore meets casual and together mutate into something awesome.

WW and Zelda DX are my fave zelda games I ever played.

OoT was good but didn't capture me like WW did and the original NES games are just meh,Crystalis owned the NES games. SNES game I am not sure I ever finished it.

I liked TP but like Okami more.
Hated MM and PH.

However Zelda tries to mix things up every so often and I may not always like it it's better than staying exactly the same with zero change but just more of the same many franchises do.