By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

That sucks man.

And I'm not going to read all that shit

But don't you have to put the original HDD in before you send it in. I don't know if your 320 HDD is fucked up right now but you could put it back in when you recieve a new or fixed ps3. And so keeping your saves. Right?

You should go check out what your options are for replacement or repair.

Around the Network

Sry but im So mad.. Ive been crying for the past 4 hours.
I KNEW it was gonna happen you know? IT was like a feeling in my gut. I even THOUGHT about making a backup. Srsly! I just cant belive it... It feels like a dream..

And you know the scary part? I had a dream last night; My PC didnt work and i lost everything and had to buy a new one. (These shit scares the f*** out of me). And now today it happend just on the PS3... ::@@@GAH

non-gravity said:
That sucks man.

And I'm not going to read all that shit

But don't you have to put the original HDD in before you send it in. I don't know if your 320 HDD is fucked up right now but you could put it back in when you recieve a new or fixed ps3. And so keeping your saves. Right?

You should go check out what your options are for replacement or repair.

If i take the HD out and then put it in it will automaticly say: U must format it for PS3 to be able to use it. I KNOW its a fucking dumb shit Thats how i lost my saves on 60 GB and had to get them back on 320 one by one playing threw them. And i refuse to freaking do it again!

Zlejedi said:
Wow someone needs anger managment courses. Don't you think it's a bit too much emo drama for a broken piece of electronics ?

Did you not understand the part: YOU WERE MY BROTHER PS3 I LOVED YOU!

*EDIT: Sry tripple post..*

calm down man, I hope you backed up your saves. luckily for me, mine broke a month after I upgraded the HDD (august last year) and it was a 60gb like yours. I got the same exact thing: a freeze during soul calibur iv, freeze again after reboot and again after another reboot then alternating green, yellow and red lights then YLOD

I feel bad for you knowing the 3 weeks of hell I endured without mine. I don't know what country you're in but if you send it back to sony, they are required by law (at least here in the US) to send you the same model which is what they did in my case. Hope everything works out for you because I too don't like the new ps3s especially because I back up game saves on an SD card.

Sony needs to address this YLOD thing.I don't know the statistics but it does seem like the launch 60gbs are all crapping out nowadays. I wonder who's next

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
Aldro said:
Gilgamesh said:

So very sad to see a PS3 go :( especially the 60GB because that's the one I got....actually it's been making these weird high pitched noises lately....(runs off to save all save files to a usb!, again)

My 2 years anniversary is going to be in June, let's see if I can make it pass that.

DUde i bought my June 2007 aswell...

Ahh crap, now I'm going to be scared to turn on my PS3

this is why i hate nerds that play games all day

Pristine20 said:
calm down man, I hope you backed up your saves. luckily for me, mine broke a month after I upgraded the HDD (august last year) and it was a 60gb like yours. I got the same exact thing: a freeze during soul calibur iv, freeze again after reboot and again after another reboot then alternating green, yellow and red lights then YLOD

I feel bad for you knowing the 3 weeks of hell I endured without mine. I don't know what country you're in but if you send it back to sony, they are required by law (at least here in the US) to send you the same model which is what they did in my case. Hope everything works out for you because I too don't like the new ps3s especially because I back up game saves on an SD card.

Sony needs to address this YLOD thing.I don't know the statistics but it does seem like the launch 60gbs are all crapping out nowadays. I wonder who's next

Im in Sweden, So wait u got ur exact back? And my flashes red 24 / 7 not yellow i just see yellow like 0.01 seconds when i try to start the PS3. Anyhow u got ur back? Was ur saves on that HD empty?

I was happy wth my 40 until it happened to me! 2 USB ports is all u need. I use 1 for the controller and the other 4 the eye toy. If i dont charge the controller i unplug the cable so i have 1 spare!

PS3 Trophies

DS: 120,000,000; Wii: 60,000,000; Xbox 360: 38,000,000; PlayStation 3: 34,000,000; PlayStation Portable: 60,000,000

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

bRoKeN said:
this is why i hate nerds that play games all day