By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
bRoKeN said:
this is why i hate nerds that play games all day

Nothing like the smell of flaming trolls in the morning :)

Around the Network

Just pray that sony is able to fix your ps3. If they send you the same one, you're in luck and you get to keep your saves. It's highly unlikely though. This is why I still look fondly at memory cards. There are also people who fix this problem outside sony but it's risky

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

You have to send the HDD in our they wont repair it, and if you take the HDD out you delete it anways

The thing is i doubt its overheat...
I also doubt its the HD
I belive its the power thing because it just cant start...
They should be able to replace the power thingy without major problems right?

Im gonna pray every night and day Pristine... :|

kowenicki said:
Why does this only happen on 60gigs? And why cant you just take HDD out before sending it back to sony... then you saves are still there...

Read my last post

Around the Network

To be honest, I sympathise with you, the same thing happened recently to my PC HDD. I lost all the files as well.

kowenicki said:
Why does this only happen on 60gigs? And why cant you just take HDD out before sending it back to sony... then you saves are still there...

Like Xxain said if i remove it the next time i put it in the PS3 it will tell me to format it :@. My dad tried everything but we oculdnt open the HD in the PC so that wont work either... The only way is for the PS3 to start so i can create a backup from it, BUT IT WONT FREAKING START :(.

Im gonna pray night and day that Ill get the EXACT same back with the same 320 GB HD IN IT lol and all my saves there god ill be so happy and ill probably call Sony just so say thanks :')

Aldro said:
Pristine20 said:
calm down man, I hope you backed up your saves. luckily for me, mine broke a month after I upgraded the HDD (august last year) and it was a 60gb like yours. I got the same exact thing: a freeze during soul calibur iv, freeze again after reboot and again after another reboot then alternating green, yellow and red lights then YLOD

I feel bad for you knowing the 3 weeks of hell I endured without mine. I don't know what country you're in but if you send it back to sony, they are required by law (at least here in the US) to send you the same model which is what they did in my case. Hope everything works out for you because I too don't like the new ps3s especially because I back up game saves on an SD card.

Sony needs to address this YLOD thing.I don't know the statistics but it does seem like the launch 60gbs are all crapping out nowadays. I wonder who's next

Im in Sweden, So wait u got ur exact back? And my flashes red 24 / 7 not yellow i just see yellow like 0.01 seconds when i try to start the PS3. Anyhow u got ur back? Was ur saves on that HD empty?

I meant exact model as in launch 60gb. I've seen people post that they got the same one back but the only guarantee for that is to get it fixed by a 3rd party which puts you on sony's black list. It looked brand new but it's possible that it was refurbished. I didn't see any marks or scratches though. It was empty and unconfigured.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Happened to me Aldro too. 60 GB PS3. Luanch day of Killzone 2 >_>. I didn't get a 60gb back as i had a shop warranty, and i got it replaced the next day, no way was i going a few weeks without Playstation

Aldro said:
kowenicki said:

Like Xxain said if i remove it the next time i put it in the PS3 it will tell me to format it :@. My dad tried everything but we oculdnt open the HD in the PC so that wont work either... The only way is for the PS3 to start so i can create a backup from it, BUT IT WONT FREAKING START :(.

Im gonna pray night and day that Ill get the EXACT same back with the same 320 GB HD IN IT lol and all my saves there god ill be so happy and ill probably call Sony just so say thanks :')

Im sorry but its not gonna the same thing happened to me, you'll get a New 60GB and a standard HDD