By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I the only Wii owner not into Wiiware and VC?

Khuutra said:
Samus Aran said:
I have onslaught(it's pretty cool, I've played it like 10 hours the I've never touched it again)
I have Super metroid and played it 16 minutes and then never touched it again. It's so boring... Metroid is a game that's supposed to be 3d tbh even though it's roots are in 2d.

*looks at post*

*looks at username*

*beat*

*head explodes*

I only bought it because people said it was better then metroid prime. Now I know it's just nostalgia talking. It's not the graphics that turn me off on this game, but the lack of puzzles, control, story(I love the scanning part in metroid prime and prime2)

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Khuutra said:
Samus Aran said:
I have onslaught(it's pretty cool, I've played it like 10 hours the I've never touched it again)
I have Super metroid and played it 16 minutes and then never touched it again. It's so boring... Metroid is a game that's supposed to be 3d tbh even though it's roots are in 2d.

*looks at post*

*looks at username*

*beat*

*head explodes*

I only bought it because people said it was better then metroid prime. Now I know it's just nostalgia talking. It's not the graphics that turn me off on this game, but the lack of puzzles, control, story(I love the scanning part in metroid prime and prime2)

Nah, it's not nostalgia - I played Super Metroid for the first time about eighteen months or so ago. Maybe less. The game is legitimately great, there are just certain values that carry between the games that weren't what you enjoyed about Metroid Prime.

Don't know what your problem would be with the controls, though, they're basically pitch perfect.

I haven't touched WiiWare or Virtual Console yet. I just don't have the time or money like that. I mean I rather have the physical disc media, like going to a game store and searching around for a good game rather than do it on a server.

I don't know I haven't touch not only WiiWare/Virtual Console but PSN or Xbox Live Marketplace. I mean those are after thought attachments to me.

Moongoddess256 said:
dsister44 said:
i dont have the right internet for wiiware, virtual console, or xbl. but i do love to have the physical copies so i can brag about having them.

Really? My internet is terrible - I can't use xbl... but wiiware/vc are fine. I have satellite internet so like besides the massive lag I get with everything, I also have a three hundred something mb a day download limit. But the wii stuff is so small that it doesn't hurt much, as long as I don't go on a massive download spree.

i have dial-up. or i steal wireless from my neighbor. but it wont reach my wii

Many thoughts here echo my belief that downloadable games just aren't respected like retail games are. Oh well, maybe next generation will be a bit better. They aren't subject to the hype that more notable retail releases receive, with many people simply ignoring non-retail games, and the discussion of download-only games here at vgc seems to be limited. For a lot of people, i suspect when they buy a downloadable game, since there's nothing sitting on their shelf, they don't feel like they've really bought anything.

Regardless, anyone who willingly skips out on download-only games is missing on some of the best games this generation.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Samus Aran said:
Khuutra said:
Samus Aran said:

*looks at post*

*looks at username*

*beat*

*head explodes*

Nah, it's not nostalgia - I played Super Metroid for the first time about eighteen months or so ago. Maybe less. The game is legitimately great, there are just certain values that carry between the games that weren't what you enjoyed about Metroid Prime.

Don't know what your problem would be with the controls, though, they're basically pitch perfect.

They're fine, but as I said, I only played the game for 16 minutes so I wasn't used to them. But they're nowhere near as good as metroid prime 3. But it's not fair to compare those games anyway, so just ignore whay I just said

I just think metroid is all about amazing envirements, great atmosphere, cool puzzles, scans that tell a deep story and stuff like that. The scans in metroid prime 2 were so great and sad at the same time. All those dead luminoth telling their last story.

I have a few VC games but no WiiWare ones. They seem too expensive when I'm not getting anything physical, especially when there are so many physical full retail games available for under £10 now. If my Wii breaks in 10 years and I have to buy a new one off eBay I want to be able to take my games with me.

peanut1972 said:

I don't like either of them.  I have no major reasons, I guess I am traditional in I like to purchase a game from a store (or order from Amazon) and be able to hold a case, and take out a disc.  Maybe some of this has to do with cell phones and having to re-download ringers and fighting with the company to have my bill right.

Anyone else like this?  Anyone else like to physically own the games, and not into the download scene?  Or am I the only one?

same here man, im a traditional gamer who has not downloaded anything yet.

but in future i guess i will have to download. times a changing and that will be the future. I do it for music so why not gaming?

SSBB Code: 5327-2374-8112

MKWii Code : 3780-9266-6102

CoD WaW Code: 1376-1190-5157

Samus Aran said:
Khuutra said:
Samus Aran said:
Khuutra said:
Samus Aran said:

*looks at post*

*looks at username*

*beat*

*head explodes*

They're fine, but as I said, I only played the game for 16 minutes so I wasn't used to them. But they're nowhere near as good as metroid prime 3. But it's not fair to compare those games anyway, so just ignore whay I just said

I just think metroid is all about amazing envirements, great atmosphere, cool puzzles, scans that tell a deep story and stuff like that. The scans in metroid prime 2 were so great and sad at the same time. All those dead luminoth telling their last story.

Wow. I think I've found the first and only person who liked scanning in Metroid Prime.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Samus Aran said:

Wow. I think I've found the first and only person who liked scanning in Metroid Prime.

I like scanning in Metroid Prime 3 (haven't played the previous 2)