By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Am I the only Wii owner not into Wiiware and VC?

Yea, don't pay twice for the same game but for some hard to find games that you might have missed back in the day VC is pretty nice. My NES and Sega Genesis were stolen from my parents rental house (should have never left them there) so I pretty much have to buy them from VC since I don't really care to buy the older systems again. Although, I probably will buy a Saturn since I have a few Saturn games that I never had a chance to play much (found an old Saturn system in a house my dad was fixing up a long time ago but it barely worked then died). No clue what happened to the Atari 2600 we had a long time ago either... The main thing I wish if I could go back is to have kept all the games and systems that I lost or sold. I don't know what I was thinking at the time.  Not sure what will happen in future with Wii VC/WW games but since I have my account linked to mynintendo or club Nintendo now I should be able to redownload them till they terminate the Wii Shop Channel service.  After that if something happened to my SD cards or whatever maybe Nintendo would let you send SD card or the Wii in to get them put on if they don't offer the Wii Shop Channel anymore.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:

Yea, don't pay twice for the same game but for some hard to find games that you might have missed back in the day VC is pretty nice. My NES and Sega Genesis were stolen from my parents rental house (should have never left them there) so I pretty much have to buy them from VC since I don't really care to buy the older systems again. Although, I probably will buy a Saturn since I have a few Saturn games that I never had a chance to play much (found an old Saturn system in a house my dad was fixing up a long time ago but it barely worked then died). No clue what happened to the Atari 2600 we had a long time ago either... The main thing I wish if I could go back is to have kept all the games and systems that I lost or sold. I don't know what I was thinking at the time.  Not sure what will happen in future with Wii VC/WW games but since I have my account linked to mynintendo or club Nintendo now I should be able to redownload them till they terminate the Wii Shop Channel service.  After that if something happened to my SD cards or whatever maybe Nintendo would let you send SD card or the Wii in to get them put on if they don't offer the Wii Shop Channel anymore.

I think that is a very valid point about getting to easily get games that are difficult to pick up now.  That is a really nice thing about VC.  I also think the SD card is a big improvement.