By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last stand of the PS2 ... 99 dollars

off to the sony section of the site to look up good PS2 games, I gotta make a list here people!!!!

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

Around the Network

these have been on sale for $89-$99 pretty regularily.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

damn it, was waiting for a price drop, but gave in about 2 months ago, oh well -.- ps2 was due for a drop, wonder what numbers for it are going to look like

Systems owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, PS3, Wii, Xbox360

Currently Playing: UNCHARTED 2 !!

Waiting for: FFXIII, GoW3, GT5, Mass Effect 2

I love you PS2.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

I really might buy one now! I was really wanting the PS3 to regain it's BC, but if that does not happen after E3 I'm getting the PS2....

Former something....

Around the Network
Wiintendo said:
yeah right. Gamecube went down to 25 bucks used(50 new) before it stopped selling.

Not really, that was more of a clearance sale price (ie the price they put it to when they want to clear out the very last stock) So yes PS2 will have another price cut, but it won't last more than 1-2 million sales max at that final price.

The ps2 (and the 6th gen) will die at the end of the current gen.

^ just PS2 will end next year june or so, the rest of 6th gen been dead long time

danielhiru said:

damn it, was waiting for a price drop, but gave in about 2 months ago, oh well -.- ps2 was due for a drop, wonder what numbers for it are going to look like

It had a temoprary drop in February for the Americas last year, and easily outsold the PS3 and 360 because of it.

NPD Jan

PS2 - 264k
PS3 - 269k
360 - 230k

NPD Feb

PS2 - 352k
PS3 - 281k
360 - 255k

It won't do that this time of course, because last year it was still selling well with the HD twins.... this year it has fallen.... we could see a ~50-75% jump early on, but that still only brings it to about half the PS3 sales. (talking monthly here, as the first week of the drop could be bigger than 75% jump over th previous week.

I figured $130 was the final price, apparently not.