By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Square Enix: Star Ocean PSP remakes sold well in Europe, high hopes for SO4

Star Scream said:

PSP userbase was only half what it is today when Crisis Core launched, and the game still managed to sell 800,000 in Japan, and 2m worldwide - without budget re-releases. I think Versus could sell a lot, but it's too early to tell.

Agreed, and darth you gotta cool it man, its NOT a spin off its an original story all by itself even numora stated this so get over it.

Regardless, Versus will end up being this best JRPG this generation in terms of gameplay thats for sure, story wise eh...

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Star Scream said:

PSP userbase was only half what it is today when Crisis Core launched, and the game still managed to sell 800,000 in Japan, and 2m worldwide - without budget re-releases. I think Versus could sell a lot, but it's too early to tell.

Agreed, and darth you gotta cool it man, its NOT a spin off its an original story all by itself even numora stated this so get over it.

Regardless, Versus will end up being this best JRPG this generation in terms of gameplay thats for sure, story wise eh...

Get over what?

We are talking about sales here

It doesn't matter what S-E say

Consumers WILL see FF Versus XIII as a spin off....simply because its not called "Final Fantasy XIII"

why wasn't Versus XIII titled "XIII"

To square which game's gonna be important? the answer is obvious

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Star Scream said:

Get over what?

We are talking about sales here

It doesn't matter what S-E say

Consumers WILL see FF Versus XIII as a spin off....simply because its not called "Final Fantasy XIII"

why wasn't Versus XIII titled "XIII"

To square which game's gonna be important? the answer is obvious

Alright i'll give ya that one bro.

Sad but true your right about that, Regular XIII's sales will most likely wipe the floor with Versus XIII sales, but in terms of Quality, im willing to bet Versus > Regular. hands down.

Apoligies for misunderstanding.

@Seraphic

in quality I have more faith in the FFX team so I feel FF13 will be better

but yeah my point originally to CGI was in terms of SALES not quality

It's not like FF spin-offs don't sell well. Crisis Core sold a lot, Dissidia recently passed 900,000, and I bet Agito will give FFXIII proper a run for its money.

There's no reason why Versus shouldn't sell a ton.

Around the Network

@star scream

what you think agito will give FF13 a run for its money

why? lol

Yet again I have the same argument.....simply due to THEIR NAME...they will be seen as spin off's by 90% of the public & not sell as much

nah, FF sales depend on what buyers see on the internet, if they like it or not.

Why?

-Because Square said it's the part of the main series (although that isn't that important, and some may consider it a spin-off regardless)

-Because it's a Monster Hunter clone, and will feature extensive infrastructure and local co-op modes

darthdevidem01 said:
@Seraphic

in quality I have more faith in the FFX team so I feel FF13 will be better

but yeah my point originally to CGI was in terms of SALES not quality

k.

lol, wanna make a bet of sorts of the quality of the 2 games though?

We already had this argument.

Versus is a spinoff technically. But for SE neither XIII game is. Considering that all three games were announced simulteneously, are separated from each other story and gameplay wise, and with incredible marketing power SE has in Japan they will manage to present all three games as a mainline FF there. Not so much in the West.

In other words: Versus and Agito will indeed sell above 1 million in Japan.