By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony won GDC 2009!

Gh0st4lifE said:
How does it feel ? Winning a GDC instead of a generation I mean.

Well at least they won before unlike some others

BTW:  This generation isnt over yet

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:
I tried to save this thread before it happened. Honest to God, I tried.

I don't think that the people organizing this - the IGDA, is it? - get nearly enough credit. They're one of the most powerful cultural forces in the world, pretty soon coming up on the cinematic academy in terms of both finances and cultural impact.

I dont really think MS or ninty even tried hard at GDC.. E3 is what ill wait for..

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Sony wasn't trying hard neither ;) BTW, nintendo unveiled a new zelda ...

Honestly, was there something to win? :-/ And about GoW III and Uncharted 2, considering that they were leaked (and not that they were just purposefully given away by the developers themselves to create some buzz), then it wasn't even supposed to be known so technically doesn't count as part of their showing.

@ Ghost4life: keep it up and you'll get banned in no time :)

Around the Network

Aj_habfan said:
I think the real winners are the people who helped organize and run the event. Let's give them a big round of applause! Fantastic work people, I look forward to seeing you next year.

AJ you do know that GDC canada is here in vancouevr right(it's in couple of months),shane kim will be there(xbox devison's head)

I'm probably getting banned...

Meh, At least I'll do it right :

Consoles gain market shares based on expectations. The more fanatics there are, the more biased the result is.

Compare how the RRoD issue was acknowledged by fans with how Blu-Ray/ Cell/ Home/ Sixaxes/ etc. false claims still spead like viruses.

If PS3 lost this gen it's because it took it's fanbase for granted. Had fanboys been less partial Sony might have avoided sticking an expensive yet useless Blu-Ray drive.

PS3 fanboys = Trojans.

God i hate fanboys, almost as much as they hate facts

“If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” Antoine de St-Exupery

+2Q  -2N  (to be read in french)

hmmm. I'm glad you think that and are happy.

Personally, I'm much happier with Nintendo's announcement about Zelda, and the fact that Professor Layton (2nd game) is coming to the DS in the west.

honestly I didn't even pay attention to what was said about Microsoft products, but then again, this is GDC, not E3 or other games conventions where it is about the games.

So I guess Level 5 won GDC by mentioning there are 6 Professor Layton games, and 2nd is being translated

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Tremble said:
Well what are people talking about after the GDC? ratchet, uncharted and GoWIII.

I think you impersonate the definition of Sony fanboy...

I think it was a pretty good GDC and I liked the news from Nintendo (SD card for Wii, Zelda DS, Punch Out) and Sony (the ones you listed above). But what is the point of this thread other than to annoy people and pick a fight?

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.