By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which was better: Nintendo 64 or Playstation?

I'm going PS1.

N64 had the best games of the generation... but in genres i was less interested about.

PS1 had more RPGs, SRPGs and it had the Ogre games re-released.

Around the Network

N64. Some of the best (Single Player and Multiplayer)games I ever played in my life. PS1 was solid though. I think some of Sony's first and second party IP's had some charm to them like Crash/Spyro but for some reason, they didn't feel as good as well.. Mario and Banjo. It just had games in genres I wasn't interested in, myself. PS1 seemed like gaming without charm imo. Gran Turismo, FF7(in comparsion to FF4 and FF6), MGS etc. never appealed to me. Then again, with some exceptions like other than Killer Instinct and Goldeneye, I never played games of the T and M rating.

Pixel Art can be fun.

shizzlee said:
Saturn beats them both.

j/k or maybe not...

N64>PS Christmas of 1996 will never be replaced in my memory :D

So your'e the Nintendo sixtyfoooooooooooooooooooooooooour kid, right?

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

Its not even close, the PlayStation.

The Playstation 1, although both were amazing systems.

Around the Network

For me the N64. Mainly because of Ocarina of Time.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

N64 due to far better games.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

PS1

I'm split. I had PS1, n64, and Saturn at some point.

...I have to say for the innovation that the n64 brought, 3D(Oarina of Time), analog control stick for example, I give Nintendo the nod for hardware.

...Sony on the other hand brought diversity in it's software, so it gets the nod there, and if that I would say Sony.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

I prefered N64 (OoT, Mario 64, Wave Race, 1080, Golden Eye and Perfect Dark) but both consoles had great games!

Play my LittleBigPlanet level: Mystic Runner. Thanks!