By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call of Duty 4 Opinion

Ok, I bought the PC version because my old clan friends said to so I could rejoin them.

From playing for about 4 hours I have to say its not all that it is cracked up to be.

The game feels kind of slow but fast at the same time. Killzone 2 is a better FPS which is sad coming from a PC fanboy like myself. Normally PC > Console games.

It is not a bad game its just not that great.

I have recently reinstalled Battlefield 1942: Desert Combat mod and will boldly state that there is no comparison between the two games. BF1942:DC is a better game even though it was released a decade before.

Truthfully I have never been a COD fan because the games always have the same gameplay feel but COD4 is better than the res.

In my ranks of PC FPSs I truthfully put COD4 towards the bottom in terms of gameplay and qualityt.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

I think it's the best first person shooter ever made. To each their own though.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:

I think it's the best first person shooter ever made. To each their own though.

I think the best FPSs made are Counter Strike 1.6 & Source, Unreal Tournament Franchise, Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Quake, WarSaw, and a few others.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

It was great around the time it came out. Now though it looks and feels a little dated.

Are you talking about single-player or multi-player?

If it's the former I will tear your face off.

Around the Network
Sheershaw said:
Are you talking about single-player or multi-player?

If it's the former I will tear your face off.

those are big words from a poster with 38 posts.

too be truthful i never really cared for this game either single player or multiplayer.

i really think its way too overrated, i mean i seen games like it before and i liked them more , now playing CoD it felt like im playing an overrated rip off.

alot of people disagree , but alot of people didnt play much First person Shooters.

You know what, I agree...totally.
I used to love COD, but in many ways Killzone 2 has opened my eyes. COD4 is laggier and has no Clan support (2 main things for me).

IMO COD cannot compare to Halo and Killzone.

One of the most overrated game ever. It's a terrific game, but its been blown to another level it does not deserve.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I still find COD4 amazing.