By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call of Duty 4 Opinion

I think I disagree with everyone in this thread pretty much about everything. It seems I really don't like many games.

Anyway, from the little bit I've played of the single-player portion (nearly to the end of the first act I believe), it's a polished yet rather average game. Haven't had the chance to finish the game or try multiplayer though, but I can't imagine SP getting much better or MP being much better than the first CoD was (and no, I don't feel I'm addicted to experience system or anything like that so that won't work, for long at least - other than that, I don't expect any significant improvement).

Around the Network

pretty amazing when it was first released its still good but overshadowed by newer games now

ssj12 said:
Onyxmeth said:

I think it's the best first person shooter ever made. To each their own though.

I think the best FPSs made are Counter Strike 1.6 & Source, Unreal Tournament Franchise, Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Quake, WarSaw, and a few others.

yeah, I don't touch CoD ever, I spend most of my FPS time on Steam these days, just more fun in general. I'm replaying HL2 to ep2 atm too since I installed FakeFactory 9.51 not too long ago and Alyx is hawt.

ssj12 said:

Ok, I bought the PC version because my old clan friends said to so I could rejoin them.

From playing for about 4 hours I have to say its not all that it is cracked up to be.

The game feels kind of slow but fast at the same time. Killzone 2 is a better FPS which is sad coming from a PC fanboy like myself. Normally PC > Console games.

It is not a bad game its just not that great.

I have recently reinstalled Battlefield 1942: Desert Combat mod and will boldly state that there is no comparison between the two games. BF1942:DC is a better game even though it was released a decade before.

Truthfully I have never been a COD fan because the games always have the same gameplay feel but COD4 is better than the res.

In my ranks of PC FPSs I truthfully put COD4 towards the bottom in terms of gameplay and qualityt.

Forgotten hope 1942 FTW!!

Good game but overrated imo.

Around the Network

Not nearly as overrated compared to Killzone 2. I enjoyed CoD's single player (the voice acting in Killzone is unbearable), multiplayer is fun, lots of options (including more weapons, attachments, more maps, more game modes). Perks add more variety to multiplayer (Killzone needs a custom slot to edit classes). Killzone is fun, for a bit, but it lacks in replay value (only 5 total game modes) and single player is rather short. To be honest, you don't notice the great graphics of Killzone when your playing.

as a console game, COD4 is pretty good on the PC. I mean, it screams console all over the place, especially with the small maps (I won't even get into UI details). the singleplayer is a mix of dated shit (infinite respawns) with some good moments. the multiplayer is fun, but I don't take the game seriously. if I want to win with my team I play TF2, DOD:S, or something like that.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

salaminizer said:

as a console game, COD4 is pretty good on the PC. I mean, it screams console all over the place, especially with the small maps (I won't even get into UI details). the singleplayer is a mix of dated shit (infinite respawns) with some good moments. the multiplayer is fun, but I don't take the game seriously. if I want to win with my team I play TF2, DOD:S, or something like that.

what's really scary is I liked single player better than online play lol, I'm probably too spoiled by valve.