By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor - Matsuno and Monolithsoft working on RPG for Wii to take down FF?

Everyone wants to destroy Final Fantasy, yet their RPGs are always pathetic on every level.

Are you not satisfied enough with just making a good game, you greedy bastards?

Around the Network

awesome shit :D

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

MontanaHatchet said:
Everyone wants to destroy Final Fantasy, yet their RPGs are always pathetic on every level.

1. 3 of the last 5 Final Fantasy games have been completely awful, and 1 was utterly average.

2. Whose RPGs are pathetic on every level?

choirsoftheeye said:
MontanaHatchet said:

1. 3 of the last 5 Final Fantasy games have been completely awful, and 1 was utterly average.

1. Opinion.

2. Mistwalker's

But I'm busy updating games (going to reach 30 today) so don't bother me anymore.

MontanaHatchet said:
choirsoftheeye said:
MontanaHatchet said:

1. Opinion.

2. Mistwalker's

But I'm busy updating games (going to reach 30 today) so don't bother me anymore.

Well, that's a stupid answer. Mistwalker has nothing to do with the article. Do you bring such a keen grasp of fact to the games you update? If so, someone had better be following you around with a broom.

Around the Network

Cool I hope it is a better game that final fantasy. In my opinion kingdom hearts series is better than the final fantasy series since it goes through 1 story line a long one that is.

mM

Why wouldnt I be? Anything that helps the gaming industry expand and create better games is great to me.

mM
Desroko said:
MontanaHatchet said:
choirsoftheeye said:
MontanaHatchet said:

1. Opinion.

2. Mistwalker's

Well, that's a stupid answer. Mistwalker has nothing to do with the article. Do you bring such a keen grasp of fact to the games you update? If so, someone had better be following you around with a broom.

He asked for an example of a company that tried to destroy Final Fantasy and failed. Oh, and if you want to see my work, the last 4 pages of updated games have been almost entirely my updates.

MontanaHatchet said:

I don't think it's as much as beating down FF. I think it's to have an RPG for Nintendo to call their own. They have some, but none that are high caliber and that will make them lots on $$$ in Japan. One so that in the future, they will be set.

MontanaHatchet said:

I'm inclined to agree. XXXXXX killers almost always fail, probably because they're using the negative goal of defeating a rival instead of the positive goal of crafting a masterpiece.

That being said, the FF franchise is already pretty much dead to me. I haven't finished the last two FF games I started. The mediocrity of the franchise is just another reason why this new development shouldn't be focusing on "beating FF."

It's way too early to predict how well this project will turn out, but I do think it's good that Matsuno seems to grasp that gameplay is what the Wii is all about.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.