By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LEIPZIG review: Sony steals the show

Oh wow, if they announce another exclusive 3rd party, good news for them.

mM
Around the Network

Sony has had the better game shows all year this year.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Sony didnt too much at Leipzig ,still they presented some new games as Buzz for the PS3 and the PlayTV .Odd as this sounds that was more than enough to beat the lacking MS and Nintendo efforts .

If Sony can make and impact in TGS (and they probably will ,with announcements as Yakuza 3 ,new games ,new videos from FFXIII and FFXIII Versus,Home nearly ready to kick off ,lots of japanese games .. ) they would be definitely the best presentation-wise this year with a good 3 out of 3 .....or 4 out of 4 if we count the GDC back in march .

Yup, Sony is sure making the best use of conventions this year, Nintendo didn´t let the press film their presentation area witch is kinda sad, plus Hideo Kojima´s personal apperance and speach at Leibzig was very good for Sony. Announcing 13 mil. PS3s sould in europe helps too I guess :).

^ you mean 1.3 million?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
^ you mean 1.3 million?

The speaker at the Sony conference said 13 million and kept going.  Obviously a mistake, but a funny one.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I think part of the reason Sony is coming out on top in these conventions is that they're willing to spill the beans on a lot of their big '08' games in what I can only assume is an attempt to inject some hype into PS3 and distract from what is looking like an underwhelming '07'.

I'm not too sure about MS but Nintendo has us very much in the dark in regards to next year as '07's lineup seems to be hype enough. All I can think of in terms of 1st/2nd party software in '08' is MKWii(isn't Wii Fit coming out this year in Japan?). That leaves A LOT of games which are still under wraps!

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

i can't wait for TGS either... maybe they'll announce what the new R* exclusive will be, though doubtful, i don't think jpn would care too much.

hunter_alien said:
To be honest , if Sony can pull of this TGS with a few great games , than there is no denial that this year presentasion wise they are the best . After E3 , LGC this would be the third , and it has lots of chances seeing that Nintendo usually doesnt go to the TGS , and MS ... well its Tokio ...

3rd?  Don't you mean 5th?  Sony took this year by storm starting with GDC07 (Home and LittleBigPlanet), then they had an awesome Gamers Day in May, then E3, then Leipzig, and now on to TGS.

Sony has been having a VERY good year as far as PR and announcements go.  It's only the sales that are still lacking, but once all these announcements start turning into realities...well, we all know what's going to happen.  :P

Wasn't the 13 million software sales?

Don't say things like Team Ico and TGS.

You're setting me up for heartache and pain