By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will there be a PS4??

Obviously one reason the price of the Playstation 3 is so high is because of Blu-ray. At 2013-2015 somewhere, the price will be significally cheaper, and they will focus on better GPU and RAM for the PS4. But still keeping reasonable price. I predict $399 at launch, $299 after some months.

PLAYSTATION®3. The future of gaming is.....NOW

My Predictions for 200 Million console sold Worldwide is:

Wii: 87 Million - 43.5%
Xbox 360: 57 Million - 28.5%
Playstation 3: 56 Million - 28%

Around the Network

i think bluewing is right...the price will be more competitive so that sales cud be better

PLAYSTATION® is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Bluewing said:

Obviously one reason the price of the Playstation 3 is so high is because of Blu-ray. At 2013-2015 somewhere, the price will be significally cheaper, and they will focus on better GPU and RAM for the PS4. But still keeping reasonable price. I predict $399 at launch, $299 after some months.

Well the PS1 and PS2 launched at $300. With that said I expect the same for the PS4. And backwards compatibility for all previous Playstations wouldn't hurt sales.

I think we will never get a PS4. The PS3 is so damn good and powerful that will last forever.

Mark my words!

yes there will be a PS4, no doubt about it.

Around the Network

PS4 will come about in 2012. I believe it will basically be two PS3s taped together lol. Basically it will have the cell with more SPEs. Better graphics card. And rainbow ray.

What would they do with the PS4 make it more like a Wii? I mean they have the hottest tech now and they're at the bottom of the pile. Sony claimed a ten year life cycle for the PS3 because it's "future-proof" if they release another console before 2016 that means they were wrong. Sony should release a PS3 arcade model without the BD player that has backwards compatibility. With a SDVD player they could price it to sell and then we could really see how big of a draw the BD player is. I was going to buy a PS3 when the price dropped but then Sony removed backwards compatibility they lost a loyal PS2 customer's money Sony loses money on every console sold so lackluster sales are actually a godsend that saved them a few more layoffs.

With all that being said if Sony actually manages to lower production cost this year to the point of making a profit on the console there's no reason for them not to make a go in the next generation.

^^
Ten years cycle doesn't mean not releasing anything before, old and new console can coexist. Sony still sells PS2 and won't stop until sales dry up.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

This is quite possibly the stupidest, recurring question on this Website. 110% THEIR WILL BE A PS4 and the PS3 is in third yes,but by no means selling terrible.

I think if they lose as much money as they lost last year again, than I think the PS3 will be the last console for Sony.