By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can God of War III get away with being similar to its predecessors?

Don't forget, you'll have to take movable terrain into account with the titans, and the number of enemies you'll be facing can be much larger, so I'm sure they'll have attack types to accommodate this.

I think this combined with their "zipper technology" (aak, gut spilling technology) will make this installment a decent step up from its predecessors, worth of the moniker "next-gen."

I wouldn't be able to say the same for many other franchises that have made their way onto the ps3/360, particularly DMC4 and NGII.

Around the Network

It'll get away with being similar to its predecessors, no doubt about it. Only Nintendo can't get away with that.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Why not? Other games this generation have done fine with a game that fine tunes the formula, the first two that come to mind are Halo 3 and GTAIV. (you can make a darn good argument that the latter actually regressed)

^^' If it is more of the same in a HD jacket I am sold.

well if you have a really good gaming formula why change it ??

GOW have always played great not to complicated nor to shallow, that's why people love it

I hope we see new weapons, magic and combos , but the basic gameplay and platforming element is perfect to me so I would like it to stay they same.

Around the Network

I think so, I don't think the formula really needs changing.

But I wont be watching the video either...

I feel exactly how you feel. Why fix what not broken.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

GoW is the best 3rd person action game ever (ITS NOT GeoW)

As long as it's not worse than the previous 2. DMC4 is a major step backwards after playing dmc3. Don't make the same mistakes Capcom made with dmc and I'll be happy.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

You mean being perfectly amazing..then yeah it will be like the others

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)