By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can God of War III get away with being similar to its predecessors?

Well, yes and no.

If they manage to improve just enough so that it doesn't feel dated like for instance, Resident Evil 5, I think it will be fine. I think this type of gameplay won't age as fast as some would.

In short, unless they screw up and REMAKE God of War II, I don't think this should be a factor. As far as Hack and Slash goes, Ninja Gaiden hardly changed anything and I don't think anybody has complained (except for the camera) about the basic fundamentals.

Around the Network

it looked just like the trailer to me but low quality video. in short the game is brill

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

I'm sure it will be able to because it's God of War and people will give it a free pass.

Personally (and note that this is coming from someone who doesn't actually like the series) I would be pissed if that footage got leaked because it's not good. Jumping on the big guy could be cool but then he just does the same thing over and over again for the rest of the video.

twesterm said:
I'm sure it will be able to because it's God of War and people will give it a free pass.

Personally (and note that this is coming from someone who doesn't actually like the series) I would be pissed if that footage got leaked because it's not good. Jumping on the big guy could be cool but then he just does the same thing over and over again for the rest of the video.

They have a year to finish it off (probably), so I wouldn't worry about the precise balancing of the various gameplay mechanics, hell, at E3, Uncharted had an effectively game breaking glitch which meant that you could not interupt animations, i.e. you shoot someone and they have to complete their brilliantly animated reaction to that, before your bullets would damage them again

twesterm said:

You dont like PS3 period!

Around the Network
twesterm said:
I'm sure it will be able to because it's God of War and people will give it a free pass will therefore not disappoint.

That's better. :)

@ hatmoza, is he going to have to start another thread listing the things about it he does like

Hopefully !because some people tend to forget

why not??? If it works... why change it???

This is true not just for GoW, but for many games. What I don't like is people that say shit about a game from other systems (that they are the same) but when a game on his/her system doesn't change much (Like GoW) they say it doesn't matter.

I just hope that the thing of riding beast to kill soldiers get better. The example in the video was boring, repetitive and really long. 3 o 4 stabs instead of 50 would be great

Me so no problem in game...

4 ≈ One