By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Famitsu scores Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - 9,9,9,8

Not much of a surprise. Famitsu goes crazy over anything S-E releases. They're hardly an objective source of reviews.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network
Garcian Smith said:
Not much of a surprise. Famitsu goes crazy over anything S-E releases. They're hardly an objective source of reviews.

The point is some people here would love to see this game as another Dirge of Cerberus (28/40)... Sorry, not this time. Seriously this game looks really polished and the climate is very close to the spirit of original FFVII. It's not a cheap spin-off... I hope it will sell descently (1 million copies JP).

Fonzerelli said:
Can Pokemon Dungeon beat FFVII:CC in Sales ??
FF might win in the first week, but Pokemon Dungeon with stronger legs should beat it at the end of 4 weeks.

supposedly

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Fonzerelli said:
Can Pokemon Dungeon beat FFVII:CC in Sales ??
FF might win in the first week, but Pokemon Dungeon with stronger legs should beat it at the end of 4 weeks.

FFVII:CC will beat pokemon spin off easily.

If Square wants to ride the Final Fantasy main series down the drain that's fine, but for the love of god stop raping FF7, I loved that game, why are you doing this to your game?! Was the slow period between FFX and FFXII really so unbearable for you that you had to default on spin-offs of the last game you could truly call an over-arching success?!

Advent Children - So-So Movie, pretty and some parts were really good, mostly it was slow though and others were a little too highschool fangirl drama-rific for my taste.

Dirge of Cerberus - I pray every night that someone was killed as punishment for this game or at least the ending.

The Cell Phone Games - Great, because we needed some of the most important parts of the story that never really needed to be told in the first place put into an impracticle game format that is by and large inaccessable to the western fanbase. Good going.

Crisis Core - Jury is still out but looking at how they've handled everything else that has been updated in FF7 it will most likely be a dissapointment.

The only things in these newer additions to FF7 that have remained intact are those Square is either too intimidated to change (sephiroth) or those they care too little about (Red-13, Cait Sith, etc) meanwhile everything else inbetween (Cloud, Tifa, etc) get a nice emo-rific overhaul. Hell there's not even an option for the original japanese dialouge so we're stuck with the five dollar english voice actors Square's regionalization seem so fond of using for the western releases. At least FF12 had good voice acting I suppose.

Face it, the only thing that has changed for the better in these newer editions to FF7 is the turks Reno and Rude.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Around the Network

I was wondering if you people would think that the FF series is the best RPG series of all time or whether there is something better. Thoughts?

it's probably the most popular of all time, whether its the best is a matter of opinion.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Thanks gelmar. Would there be a close 2nd or 3rd game/series that would come to mind? I know that this is a broad question but I'm just seeing what people like.

I actually find the score dossapointing seeing that it was given by Famitsu :? The fact that Nintendogs got a batter score bugs me a lot . But if it gets on sites like IGN/Gamespot/Gamespy over 9 , than it schould become a huge hitter here to :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

dallas said:
I was wondering if you people would think that the FF series is the best RPG series of all time or whether there is something better. Thoughts?

Japanese? or World Wide? Because...well... Fallout!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.