By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What has gotten into Square Enix?

hatmoza 2.0 said:
Kasz216 said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ kas

What makes IGN's opinion right, and his wrong though?

Nothing, which is my point.

Nothing makes his opinion right and mine wrong either.

Hence your claims of "quality" declining aren't based on anything. 

Defeating your entire point.

Well actually when i read your comment about IGN i wasnt even going to dignify you with an answer because you killed your entire point by showing you cant think for yourself.

How?  I played FF7 before IGN even existed.

I thought it was bad then.

If you don't agree that quality is subjective then you have to appeal to a higher authority.  IGN being as good a choice as about any.

Otherwise you are simply being intellectually dishonest.

Around the Network
NanakiXI said:
Kasz216 said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ kas

Hence the bringing up of IGN someone some people consider an "expert" in the field.

Your forced to either abandon your basis of arguement, or admit you were wrong.

Wow your point couldn't even hit the broad side of a barn.

How so?  How does one define quality then... if we aren't using sales or "expert" websites.

It seems to be... "It's my personal opinion and anyone who disagrees is an idiot!"

If not how do you guage quality?

CGI-Quality said:
@ kas

My point was made when Square's fans chose not to buy their more recent games. Square's games are not what they used to be. You can accept it, or continuously ignore it if you choose. It doesn't change what IS happening.

So sales.  You are saying Sales = Quality.

Good to know in future arguements you make.

NanakiXI said:
Rei said:
Isnt it ironic that PS3-only people are complaining about SE games quality? Always amazes me how people who have never played SO4 and Last Remnant are calling these games "garbage".

Ignorant statment there buddy. Just because I don't own a 360 doesn't mean I didn't in the past. I actually purchased a 360 soley for Blue Dragon. It broke on me a week later but that is another subject.

I owned a DS though and not a PSP. I enjoy some Square RPG's but other than that I play Disgaea on it. (My PSP with Disgaea was stolen ) I love FFVII but Crises Core was disappointing to me (but FFVII fans have blinders and think everything FFVII is geat )

I had a Wii played some games and beat them. Then sold it at full price minus the controller around christmas. Then I sold the controller for $50. The Wii ended up being a great deal at the end basically cause everything was pratically free since I got the same price back that I paid.

On another subject my friend is a big RPG fan and has every RPG LTD for his 360 and I have played them all. They were good but too me nothing has been as good, SquarEnix wise since Radiata Stories.

So far my most favorite RPGs this gen are Folklore, Disgaea 3, Tales of Vesper and none are SquareEnix.

Your point is moot.

I dont see what part of your post makes my point wrong? You've played them and you dont think they are garbage. Most people who do never have.

SE's been fucking up.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

thats not a good example. many good jrpgs dont get high scores. star ocean last hoope has the same score as its predecessors yet many ps3 fans call it a bomb.

Kasz216 said:
NanakiXI said:
Kasz216 said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ kas

Hence the bringing up of IGN someone some people consider an "expert" in the field.

How so?  How does one define quality then... if we aren't using sales or "expert" websites.

It seems to be... "It's my personal opinion and anyone who disagrees is an idiot!"

Let us just agree to disagree because I'll never see it from your point of view and you will never see it from a FFVII fans point of view.

I don't know how to explain quality to you in form of a game because it is more objectional. Where else I could tell you the difference in a Jeep compared to the rest shit quality cars Chrystler produces. I think though more blood, sweat and tears were poured into making FFVII than most FF games except XIII. FFVII tried to be so much more than what it was but it is still great. I think that being said FFVII is better quality.

But let us just agree to disagree. You can have the final word if you want though.

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

the thing is you have a 360. the ones mosly whining about this r ps3 only owners.

CGI-Quality said:

@ kas

Wrong again. I never said Sales = Quality. Had Squares recent games reviewed better and had better word of mouth there would've been more purchases, but that's besides the point. Are you saying IE & TLR are on the same level as say DQ, FF, or KH? You can spin as much as a top, it doesn't change the reality of the situation.

That is what you said.  You said it was less quality because it sold less.

If reveiwes are your metric you still run into the big wall that is IGN.

If you are trying to use some weird hybrid you will need to quantify exactly how many sales = each point of a review score.

NanakiXI said:
Kasz216 said:
NanakiXI said:
Kasz216 said:
CGI-Quality said:
@ kas

Let us just agree to disagree because I'll never see it from your point of view and you will never see it from a FFVII fans point of view.

I don't know how to explain quality to you in form of a game because it is more objectional. Where else I could tell you the difference in a Jeep compared to the rest shit quality cars Chrystler produces. I think though more blood, sweat and tears were poured into making FFVII than most FF games except XIII. FFVII tried to be so much more than what it was but it is still great. I think that being said FFVII is better quality.

But let us just agree to disagree. You can have the final word if you want though.

So your saying that quality does exist... but it's unexplainable.

As for blood sweat and tears... no.  With budgets getting bigger... any PS2 FF took more work then FF1.  And FF13 no doubt has taken the most blood sweat and tears.

Too Human took more blood sweat and teras then all final fantasies combined for that matter... seeing as it was originally a PS1 game.