By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Why did the PS2 version of Pokemon Saphire do so badly?

I can't understand it, the PS2 was very popular in Japan, but PokemonRuby/Saphire sold almost twice as much on the GBA, weird

Around the Network

The franchise is too strongly associated with Nintendo, I guess.

Maybe because not alot of people including myself knew it existed ?

edit : it was a japanese game that makes things a little different.

What??????? I so wouldve bought that if it was here.

OP: I guess people of Japan enjoy their handhelds alot more?

Apparently the handheld domination started a lot earlier than we had previously assumed.

And yeah, some degree of Nintendo bias was bound to be at work here.

Around the Network

Unfortunately, I think it was shipping issues. They simply weren't able to get enough PS2 discs to print out more copies of Pokemon.

student said:
Unfortunately, I think it was shipping issues. They simply weren't able to get enough PS2 discs to print out more copies of Pokemon.

Oh come now, you know as well as I do they could have met almost any level of demand. It just wasn't there.

Wait actually existed?!!?

Pixel Art can be fun.

The real game was Unlimited SaGa however, it seems like it somehow got duplicated which causes the sales chart pages to have problems.

If you go here - http://vgchartz.com/japweekly.php?date=37612&console=&maker=&disp=Japanese+Name&boxartz=1

you can see it looks fine, but on the front page it just copies the name of #1 into the spot for #2

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Don't know... Loved the psp version... got it with my Pokemon PSP:

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)