By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Valkyria Chronicles Anime Preview

@ miboukami )

Ah, someone who knows Seikai no Mônsho/Senki ;). It's my favorite anime(as you might be able to tell from my avatar :) ), but I rarely recommend it to anyone, as it may be a bit too political for everyone to enjoy (far less political than it's spiritual predecessor "Legend of Galactic Heroes" though, lol).

Since Haruhi? Woah, that's a long time . I recently really enjoyed Nodamè Cantabile ~Paris-hen~, One Outs (still running), Bounen no Xamdou, Dennou Coil and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni ~Kai~.

Personally I have a very varied taste in anime and am not all that picky.

Around the Network
Lafiel said:

@ miboukami )

Ah, someone who knows Seikai no Mônsho/Senki ;). It's my favorite anime(as you might be able to tell from my avatar :) ), but I rarely recommend it to anyone, as it may be a bit too political for everyone to enjoy (far less political than it's spiritual predecessor "Legend of Galactic Heroes" though, lol).

Since Haruhi? Woah, that's a long time . I recently really enjoyed Nodamè Cantabile ~Paris-hen~, One Outs (still running), Bounen no Xamdou, Dennou Coil and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni ~Kai~.

Personally I have a very varied taste in anime and am not all that picky.

I think I got jaded :/ Seriously I was around when the only way to watch anime was going to the local Uni Anime club on Friday evening and watching taped fansub on a projector. I grew up with classic like Saint Seiya, Fist of the North Star and Ranma 1/2 and was a confirm addict way up until highschool.

We have something in common though The Seikai trilogy (and the the fourth OVA) were literally the best anime I've ever seen, Legend of Galactic Heroe is fantastic too but Crest is the epitome of Anime Space Opera. I have never watched another series that come close to triggering all the right buton. It is certainly not for everyone but I'm use to being in the minority. My second favourite anime is probably Jin-Roh (wow @ the ending) and once again I've had friends that fell asleep watching that.

I've been kinda slack lately, unless a series can grab my interest with a quirky synopsis or get my attention in the first couple of episode. The last series that grew on me was probably Nanoha; but that was mainly because I appreciated the parody, its pretty much the best bait and switch anime I've seen.

I'll take a look at the series you mention, though I doubt I'll do them justice :p

@ miboukami )

Yea, i feel the same way you do about Seikai no (Danshou/Mônshou/Senki I-III) and Jin-roh and if you want some recommendations for mature and deep anime I can give you a list.

I liked the first season of Nanoha, but the latter ones (Nanoha A's, StrikerS) didn't feel as fresh anymore and emphasized too much on the "friendship-scenes" for my taste.

Ranma was a fun read as manga, but i didn't watch the anime. Saint Saiya kinda put me off, so I never watched more than 2 or 3 episodes and I'm currently at episode 50 of Hokuto no Ken.

People think the art style is that different? I thought it was pretty close, I mean, a full blown animation might have some limitations or something regarding the VC canvas style?
Would have been cool, but I'm happy with what I've seen so far. :|

Person 1: Does Valkyria Chronicles have trophies?
Person 2:  No.
Person 1: Forget it. I'm not buying it.
Person 2: Wait! It's amazing! Unique, charming, drop dead gorgeous... Hello?

Almost makes me want to cry...

No! Wait...

Wait for it...

Okay!

Around the Network
Rainbird said:

No! Wait...

Wait for it...

Okay!

Good tears?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Rainbird said:

No! Wait...

Wait for it...

Okay!

Good tears?

I'm-getting-chills-down-my-spine-just-looking-at-the-trailer-and-not-the-good-kind-of-chills tears.

Of course, I've watched enough anime to know I would react this way, and while the trailer wasn't the worst part, this was: http://kotaku.com/5167815/somethings-about-the-valkyria-chronicles-anime-is-different-but-what

Will this be available on the PS Store?

Rainbird said:
outlawauron said:
Rainbird said:

No! Wait...

Wait for it...

Okay!

Good tears?

I'm-getting-chills-down-my-spine-just-looking-at-the-trailer-and-not-the-good-kind-of-chills tears.

Of course, I've watched enough anime to know I would react this way, and while the trailer wasn't the worst part, this was: http://kotaku.com/5167815/somethings-about-the-valkyria-chronicles-anime-is-different-but-what

I thought that was hilarious!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The thing I'm the most interested in is how they will direct and integrate the battles into the anime. The style looks good to me and I really have no idea what some people are whining about.