By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn Thread

Fire Emblem is my second all tiem favorite series. Right behind Zelda.

I own all 3 that have been released in the US and will be getting RD day one.

Easly the best rpg's made. 

我是广州人

Around the Network

This is one of my "Big 3" in place of Smash Brothers. :)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Definitely one of my most anticipated games for the wii. Too bad its being released at such a bad time, a week or so before mario galaxy (my only other high anticipation game). If it comes out in early october, it'll be perfect.

On a side note, how well did PoR do? The data on this site looks incomplete for it or otherwise it sold fairly poorly.

always wondered why nintendo doesn't make more RPGs. like, not zelda kind of RPG, but turn-based RPGs where you have these stats that you get to level up. those are games that i could actually play, since i avoid pretty much all titles where you need to skillfully maneuver in 3D, with lots of turning and stuff (e.g. TP, MP3, bought RE4 but gave up after 20 minutes).

fire emblem definitely fits into that (turn based, stats leveling, no need for skillful 3D maneuvers), so i might try it out. any other nintendo made RPGs that's like fire emblem? (or non-nintendo made RPGs coming out on the wii or came out on the gamecube for that matter)

(the one turn-based stats-leveling no-3D-maneuvering title i played on the DS is etrian odyssey... and loved it... until the game kept going on and on and never ends... yeah i know it's not nintendo published)

the Wii is an epidemic.

Blasphemy picking FE over Smash Bros! I'm looking forward to the game as well though. Still, FE doesn't hold a candle to Golden Sun in my book, and Camelot is making an as yet unnamed Wii RPG which should turn out to be Golden Sun.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
naznatips said:
Blasphemy picking FE over Smash Bros! I'm looking forward to the game as well though. Still, FE doesn't hold a candle to Golden Sun in my book, and Camelot is making an as yet unnamed Wii RPG which should turn out to be Golden Sun.

You just lost yourself a lot of respect.

Oh come on, FE is great, but it's got it's got a lot of balance issues.  From an RPG fan standpoint, Golden Sun is a much more balanced and polished experience.  It's not that I in anyway disliek FE, but I wish they would fix some of the major problems.  Until they do, Golden Sun is better.

Nah, I just never enjoyed Smash Brothers. Heck, most of the 40+ ps2 games I have, only 6 of them would be considered "mainstream" core games.

*Still pissed that Disgaea 3 is PS3 only* Anyways, I'm a proud owner of all the American released Fire Emblem games. :) Btw, anyone know of a site with the in-game animations of the GBA Fire Emblem games? I'm looking for one in particular... :)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

^ http://youtube.com

@Naz, what sorts of balance problems do you mean?

PoR wasn't splendidly balanced I've noticed but seeing as they are single player games I didn't see a big issue with that. Plus, with the huge variety of characters (I think they said there were 70+ in RD), you gotta have some that are good and some that aren't. Makes it all the more challenging to bring some of them up to snuff!

The biggest things I wish they had in RD are:

1) They really need to upgrade/add more variety to the fighting animations

2) Add more character customization options like branching promotion trees or things along those lines. PoR had some customization but they were minimal (most of them) in how they changed the character played in my opinion.

Path of Radiance sold around 200k copies worldwide. I'm not sure, and I lost my source with the data anyways.