By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Slashing PS3 dev kits price by OVER 80% (Evidence of Price cut imminent?)

ymeaga1n said:

I'm gonna call it desperation on Sony's part. Much like the sony fanboys would call it desperation if it was announced MS was slashing the price of their dev kit 80%.

Yet I can justify my argument, 80% of a HUGE drop.

Desperation for getting more games on their console and giving devs a break?

I see no 360 fans/fanboys attacking the PS3 because of this (I think) so what makes you think PS3 fans/fanboys would do the same if it were M$? (I'm saying they won't though)

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!

Around the Network
blazinhead89 said:
http://dlb-network.com/2009/03/gdc-sony-cutting-price-of-ps3-dev-kits/

That's great news. Obviously this means they have cut Production costs down MASSIVELY. What you guys think?

You could say the exact opposite... You could say that Sony cut the developers some slack to try to increase the amount of games coming to the system in an effort to sell more software and bring in more money to offset the production costs.

All it tells me is that they will be making less money from dev kits....

4 ≈ One

Great News!!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

this is great! :D

Around the Network
chris1_16 said:
ymeaga1n said:

I'm gonna call it desperation on Sony's part. Much like the sony fanboys would call it desperation if it was announced MS was slashing the price of their dev kit 80%.

Yet I can justify my argument, 80% of a HUGE drop.

Desperation for getting more games on their console and giving devs a break?

I see no 360 fans/fanboys attacking the PS3 because of this (I think) so what makes you think PS3 fans/fanboys would do the same if it were M$? (I'm saying they won't though)

Nope, desperation for having to drop the price of the dev kit 80% to entice more developers to makes games for the ps3. Stragetic move planned by $ony? No way.

Trust me, you may not have been a member around august of last year. But had you been here you would have seen how the ps3 fans hailed the xbox 360 price cut as a desperation move because the it was scared of the ps3 momentum.

Man, how has a duplicate thread gone on this long?
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=65225&page=1