By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Motion control comming to the 360 this Fall

Cheebee said:
So, it took 'em 3 years to copy Nintendo and that thing's actually inferior to the Wii Remote? I lol'd. :p

No.  It is far superior.  Why does everyone not see this?  I'm tired of explaining.

Around the Network
BoleroOfFire said:

I've talked to them and as far as shooters using the Wii remote, they sucked.  

I didn't admit to anything.  Notice I didn't comment on HOTD or COD5 or Links Xbow Training or Conduit?  That's because I haven't played those.  Maybe next time use some common sense and take a few chill pills while you're at it.  You're acting as if I insulted you personally.  And no, scottie, I meant shooter fans.  If you want to edit it, then you may want to put it as PC/PS3/360 since only the Wii shooters seem to mess up the traditional shooter controls.

If not that you played the aforementioned games, then what exactly is the bolded statement supposed to mean?  Please enlighten me with this "common sense" thing you speak of.  As for the chill pill comment, I'm actually in a very good mood.  I find this conversation amusing.  

People who do not understand such simple things usually have a very happy life.  Ignorance is bliss, so I hear.  That bolded line simply refers to the games I mentioned in the following lines.  "Them" implies more than one, but does not have to mean all.  The "them" I am referencing is the games I then expanded upon.

And you are right.  This is quite amusing that you do not get this.

@nightsurge

HOW exactly could you keep the reticule in the center? If you point to the corner do you really want the reticule to stay in the center and the screen?

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

ok, i am a huge microsoft fan, loved xbox 1, love my 360 and i wouldnt trade it for 2 ps3s . . .

but this is lame, i got a wii for this stuff, 360 is for the kind of games it has now

why does everyone want to be the jack of all trades?

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

lapsed_gamer said:
@nightsurge

HOW exactly could you keep the reticule in the center? If you point to the corner do you really want the reticule to stay in the center and the screen?

Yes genius.  That is how every shooter save for the few on the Wii do it.  The screen moves while the aiming reticule stays in the center of the screen.

Around the Network

You claimed (by agreeing with Retrasado) that the Wii's IR pointer isn't accurate enough but have yet to provide evidence for this. Whether or not the aiming reticule is locked in the center is irrelevant. This has to do with game design, not the device's capabilities. Sorry, you haven't explained why it's superior.

Btw I agree, ignorance is bliss. So how does it feel to be on Cloud 9? I hear shooters have great controls there.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

nightsurge said:

^^I think the majority of shooter fans would disagree with you there.  Aiming reticule locked in the center is the way to do it.

THIS.

That's why I felt Operation Flashpoint despite being a good (and hard) game very awkward. I can't think of many PC shooters, which featured the same kind of aiming system.

@Barozi: Moving only the background is more natural method of controlling the game with the mouse, while moving the reticule is more natural method with Wii Remote or a real gun.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

BoleroOfFire said:
You claimed (by agreeing with Retrasado) that the Wii's IR pointer isn't accurate enough but have yet to provide evidence for this. Whether or not the aiming reticule is locked in the center is irrelevant. This has to do with game design, not the device's capabilities. Sorry, you haven't explained why it's superior.

Btw I agree, ignorance is bliss. So how does it feel to be on Cloud 9? I hear shooters have great controls there.

I see you stopped arguing the last point now that you've made enough of a fool out of yourself.

Now, the IR pointer is not accurate enough nor does it react quickly enough.  Ever play a Wii game?  You can be pointing at exactly where you want to be (say on an enemy's head) and look straight down the remote to see it is in fact lined up, but on the screen you will be slightly off.  IR is just not accurate enough given only one sensor bar located on top of where you are trying to point.  If there was a combination of 2 bars, it would improve the accuracy by triangulating the position.  This new device does just that, and does it with a rapid succesion of 3D pulses to ensure the absolute accurate location/direction/pitch/yaw/roll/etc. of the device.  That is why this is superior.

Now, I'm sorry but I do not have time to amuse you further by your own lack of inteligence.

@Nightsurge: What you are now talking about is the lack of calibration in most games. Some games have the calibration. The calibration could be done by aiming at two corners of your TV screen or inputting the screen size and ratio.

The position is triangulated already. Sensor bar has two sets of IR LED:s and their distance from each other on Wii Remotes CCD determines the distance the remote is away from the TV. The position and orientation of the LED:s on the CCD determines the direction where you point the remote and the orientation of it. It also uses the accelerometer inside to determine the orientation of whether you are holding the Wii Remote upside down or not.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.