By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ruh roh - Looks like Iwata is going to drop the bomb at GDC! :O

HYPE

TOO HYPED?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

Iwata is gonna announce that Nintendo is making a baseball game for Ichiro

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

My response: Goddamnit. Two reasons

1. I have class at Noon Eastern time. I'm not one to skip class anyway, but i especially need to show up to this one. The classroom in question is in the basement of a building, so the WiFi signal doesn't reach down there. So no lookey for me until at least 12:50
2. My promise to not get hyped it is slowly being broken down and destroyed by the relentless hype-mongers of the internet.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Don't get excited for Pikmin 3.. Don't get excited for Pikmin 3.. Don't get excited for Pikmin 3..

Grr..

Pixel Art can be fun.

it's too late, I'm already hyped :o

I expect a sequel to Yoshi's Safari, anything else and Nintendo will have betrayed me

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Around the Network

You guys are too good to me. Now bleed you bastards, bleed for my amusement!

I think a twisted little part of me would be disappointed if Nintendo actually did manage to shut up the whiners. That tiny piece would be crushed by the joy of wonderful games, but still...

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Everyone knows it's going to be Kid Icarus... right...?

^ STOP IT!

Wetcoaster said:
Everyone knows it's going to be Kid Icarus... right...?

Matt Casamassina is that you?

Signature goes here!

hoping for.. a successor to Virtual Boy!