By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will There Ever Be An RPG As Great As Tales Of Vesperia This Gen?

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
There are quite a few JRPG games out this generation that are far better then Vesperia. heres a list.

LO - X360
Folklore - PS3
Star Ocean: The Last Hope - X360
Valkryia Chronicles - PS3
Infinite Undiscovery - X360
With quite a few more on the way.
Final Fantasy Versus XIII - PS3 (AKA will make all of the above look like childs play.)
White Knight Chronicles - PS3
X-Edge - PS3
The list goes on and on buddy. :P

Lost Odyssey maybe, but the rest no way. Lost Odyssey and SO4 are the only one's that are even decent on that list.

Wait 'till X-edge comes out first. It's going to be great.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:
Shadowblind said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
FFXIII won't be close to ToV if it's anything like XII.

@G-Value

Let's have some faith in Tales of Ten even if it's for the Wii. I'm sure it will be amazing. Dragon Quest X will probably be better than Vesperia.

Dragon Quest X? Oh god, what are you smoking?

I'll wait for Tales of Ten. As of right now, no, I can't see aything in the near future topping it. Even SO4 couldn't topple Vesperia.

This coming from someone who mentions SO4 in the same breath as Vesperia? :)

Tales of Ten will get higher scores because it's on the Wii, but it'll be tough for it to honestly be better than Vesperia.

I agree Tales of Ten has a high chance of being better then Vesperia, and once we know more about it you'll hear alot more about it from me. SO you've played SO4, huh? What did you think of it?

But the last few Dragon Quests have been boring as hell. They aren't overrated or overhyped outside Japan for a reason.

@Seraphic: Go away.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Shadowblind said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Shadowblind said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
FFXIII won't be close to ToV if it's anything like XII.

@G-Value

Let's have some faith in Tales of Ten even if it's for the Wii. I'm sure it will be amazing. Dragon Quest X will probably be better than Vesperia.

Dragon Quest X? Oh god, what are you smoking?

I'll wait for Tales of Ten. As of right now, no, I can't see aything in the near future topping it. Even SO4 couldn't topple Vesperia.

This coming from someone who mentions SO4 in the same breath as Vesperia? :)

Tales of Ten will get higher scores because it's on the Wii, but it'll be tough for it to honestly be better than Vesperia.

I agree Tales of Ten has a high chance of being better then Vesperia, and once we know more about it you'll hear alot more about it from me. SO you've played SO4, huh? What did you think of it?

But the last few Dragon Quests have been boring as hell. They aren't overrated or overhyped outside Japan for a reason.

@Seraphic: Go away.

I've enjoyed the Dragon Quest games that I've played, but I guess some don't like their style.

And nope, haven't played SO4. I'm going by reviews which I tend to agree with a majority of the time for JRPG's. Some of the complaints I've read in reviews are a huge turn off for me. That's why I never picked up my pre order, and all that money is just sitting there.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

@Shadow & Riot- All a matter of opinion guys, but SO4 & LO are currently better then Vesperia no matter how you swing it. :D

Versus XIII will be better then all of the above though so it doesn't really matter, its kinda fruity fighting over "2nd best JRPG this generation." :D

Riot Of The Blood said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
There are quite a few JRPG games out this generation that are far better then Vesperia. heres a list.

LO - X360
Folklore - PS3
Star Ocean: The Last Hope - X360
Valkryia Chronicles - PS3
Infinite Undiscovery - X360
With quite a few more on the way.
Final Fantasy Versus XIII - PS3 (AKA will make all of the above look like childs play.)
White Knight Chronicles - PS3
X-Edge - PS3
The list goes on and on buddy. :P

Lost Odyssey maybe, but the rest no way. Lost Odyssey and SO4 are the only one's that are even decent on that list.

Wait 'till X-edge comes out first. It's going to be great.

He imported X-Edge.

And I'd say that both Lost Odyssey and Valkyria Chronicles are better than Tales of Vesperia.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Good point...
you say RPGs... not JRPGS, therefor...
Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey, Fallout 3, FF13 + FFv13 are and will all be better

Oh yeah, forgot to mension FF7:Remake

Lost Odyssey better than Vesperia? Puh-leez.

In Vesperia everything about it is fun for me. Lost Odyssey for me was a great sleep aid.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
Lost Odyssey better than Vesperia? Puh-leez.

In Vesperia everything about it is fun for me. Lost Odyssey for me was a great sleep aid.

I felt that everything about Losy Odyssey was more developed and mature. The tales series is a little goofy.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I can see why people think Lost Odyssey is better than Vesperia. That was great.

If I were really a JRPG fan, I mightt have to go with LO myself.

tov wasnt so great in the first place . great characters but crappy story and crappy anding too.