By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Motion Plus Dated for Europe -- July 2

first day purchase for me - guess EA expect Tiger Woods to sell on it's own merits.

Defintetly getting Tiger Woods also.

Around the Network

Conserning 3rd party bundles:

Wasn´t Umbrella Chronicles bundled with the Wii zapper in Japan (being the 1st
3rd party bundle)?

Grand Slam Tennis is going to be one of the biggest games on the Wii.

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Wow that's a suprising turn of events. Didn't think Nintendo would allow something like this as it could cannibalize Wii Sports Resort sales. However, I guess it's also in their best interest that there are as many Wii M+ in the hands of consumers and what better way than for it to be bundled in different games (other than them doing the right thing and including 2 Wii M+ in the Wii Sports Resort package).

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

I like this. Having a specific tennis game (as opposed to numerous sports in one game) is, in my opinion, a excellent way to promote the new accessory. I am getting this very quickly at launch, very excited at how this will turn out and the games following!

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

Around the Network

Come on WM+ bundles! Keep it going with RedSteel2!

@tuoyo - Sports Resort is just a way to get M+ out there. For Nintendo, the more WM+ bundles, the better, as it means more likely dev support and more of those hardcore games that fizzled when motion proved to inaccurate for complex controls.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I get the feeling that WSR is going to be a holiday game.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

^I doubt it. The best time to release it is the Summer, for marketing purposes since WSR focuses on "resort" sports that are typically played in the holiday. Combine that with summer being a typical slow period for consoles and you can have a great impact.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

Naum said:
I get the feeling that WSR is going to be a holiday game.

That would be weird considering the theme of the game.  Let's hope not.  I wonder if Europe getting it July 2nd means that the US release will be sooner than that.  That'd be nice.  

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Boggern said:

Conserning 3rd party bundles:

Wasn´t Umbrella Chronicles bundled with the Wii zapper in Japan (being the 1st
3rd party bundle)?

actually ghost squad was bundled with the zapper first, RE was bundled too but it was fairly limited.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X