By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What does Hideo's promotion mean for MGS5

Vagabund said:
Hero_time88 said:

The Metal Gear Solid (Snake) series have ended, not Metal Gear, or at least that's what I think.

Agree... the Metal Gear franchise is still to strong to just let it die, imo...

of course Metal Gear isnt over, its Konamis biggest most recognizable franchise...or least in top 5

Around the Network
V-r0cK said:
Kojima never said he hated Xbox360, he said in his opinion, him making games for PS3 is like theatre movies, Xbox360 is like DVD movies, and Wii is like movies on cable (or something like that), and said he wanted MGS4 to be a masterpiece like in a theatre, thus he wanted it for PS3.

So if going by what he said, games that he's involved in that goes to Xbox360 are good but he wont make them a masterpiece.

thanks, this is what i meant. Same thing anyways..

Kojima has said that he is done with MGS games, certainly as a producer/director, but there could still be another one that he will be involved with in some way

Xxain said:
Vagabund said:
Hero_time88 said:

The Metal Gear Solid (Snake) series have ended, not Metal Gear, or at least that's what I think.

Agree... the Metal Gear franchise is still to strong to just let it die, imo...

of course Metal Gear isnt over, its Konamis biggest most recognizable franchise...or least in top 5

But there's really not much else they can do cononically with the series. Virtually every plot point has been tied up with MGS4. I mean, they can release a second portable ops detailing Big Boss' experiences between the first one and the original Metal Gear, they could release a game about Snake's experiences as part of Philantropy, and perhaps make a game detailing Raiden's mission in between MGS2 and MGS4, but none of these would really be creating a lasting new plotline. We know what happens in the end, anything more is just icing. It's possible that Konami might go the alternate universe route like they did with the Metal Gear Ac!d games, but none of those games would ever come close to the sales that the canon games did.

Personally, I think Konami should just stick to remaking the established games in the franchise until Kojima can hopefully create their next big money-maker.

i think sunny will be the main character in the next game

Initiating social expirement #928719281

Around the Network
O-D-C said:
I thought it was confirmed that their wouldent be a MGS5?

No, we just know that Snake will not be returning to a new MGS game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

We should start calling it MG(5), and forget about the 's'.

He won't come back.

Hero_time88 said:
We should start calling it MG(5), and forget about the 's'.

He won't come back.

Then it would only be Metal Gear 3.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

1) Congrats Kojima!

2) Why is it that when ever Kojima is the topic, things move along the line of "Cross plat or PS3 exclusive??!!!", "either he'll port or the next game will be on 360", "Kojima likes X console more than Y" or something along those lines???.... doesn't anyone just care about hearing about some new games???

3) I hope he decides to take a big role again in the next Metal Gear... I just can't see a Metal Gear without Kojima calling most of the shots...

4 ≈ One

Why doesn't have any trust in Kojima's team to make a MGS, they worked him for a long time and im sure guilds them making good games