By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK: Chinatown Wars sales only half of VCS PSP sales, RE5 still number one

seece said:
I really don't understand the decision to put it on the DS, it would have done so much better on the PSP!

Seconded.

Why this game is on the DS is beyond me.  Given how well LCS and VCS sold, R* better hope to god that the game has some beautiful legs.

Oh well, now I can just wait for the GTA: SAS we all know is coming.

Around the Network

Eh, PSP game is probably coming, only Rockstar aren't stupid like Capcom to announce it while they still have DS game to sell.

I always figured GTA DS would open to modest sales and just keep on selling and selling and selling. I bet it will be one of the top sellers this Christmas season.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Gta doesn't sell on nintendo platform confirmed again?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

GTA DS is anyone focusing on the missions? I started playing yesterday and got too into the drug trading to bother with the missions.

Anyway it's far too early to say the game is not going to be a success. After all DS games never open with crazy numbers. It would do better on PSP but is it still not better to release on both DS and PSP and increase sales rather than just have PSP versions.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network

Just read Rockstar had twice the staff (in comparison to PSP games) working on this one.

Brett said:
15k, very disappointing for Chinatown Wars after GTA IV!

Wtf, that is beyond terrible. It better have some long legs.

Chinatown has half launch sales, but will have double legs!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Star Scream said:
Just read Rockstar had twice the staff (in comparison to PSP games) working on this one.

Can you link that?

I'd like to read it.

When GTA:CW was released in UK?