By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why the PlayStation brand name is the strongest brand name in video games

Look,this totally depends on which region of the world ur talking about.In my country,middle & low class people usually don't know that any other thing besides a playstation exists.I once took a spoilt DS to some1 to see if I could sell the parts.he asked "is it a PS?" instead of "is it a game?".When we watched Spiderman 3 @ school,one scene was so awesome that guys thought "they definitely didn't act that.They used CGI".Unfortunately,what they said was "they used PS3 graphics" as they didn't know what CGI was.But its not like that everywhere.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Around the Network

mmmm....chicks...wait, we're talking about brand name? I think Nintendo wins...once again. Sony's brand name has suffered greatly thus far this gen...so I would say Xbox is second place, and Sony is last. Now, back to the chicks...

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

In terms of consoles, I think it all depends on where you live. Barack Obama told kids to "put down the xbox," in the TV show Psych, Shawn Spencer and his dad spend a good part of an entire episode fighting over who gets control of the 360, there's an episode of NCIS where entire groups of soldiers are shown playing Halo 3. Granted, I notice these instances because I own an xbox, so I feel I tend to notice it more.

Then, as a company, in America MS by far has a stronger brand name than Sony - primarily because most every american has used a MS product, whereas the same cannot be said for Sony AND we are constantly assaulted with MS related ads (windows 7, xbox, zune, facebook).

nah, more and more consumers are becoming more aware about other brands now a days. To me, Sony is becoming the most expensive brand not the strongest brand.

ok this is it:

I have real proof and not just one source but 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Around the Network

http://bwnt.businessweek.com/interactive_reports/global_champs_2009/index.asp?chan=top+news_special+report+--+health+care+reform_special+report+-+world's+best+companies+2009+

as you can see Nintendo is named the best company in the world by business week.... what else could u ask for?

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
╚══╝╚╩╝         

My friend calls his X360 a Playstation all the time. It's like a generic name he uses for video games is Playstation. It's often confusing because he says lets go play the Playstation, then I say what you got a PS3? then he says no the X360

I've never experienced anybody calling anything other than a PlayStation, a PlayStation. I do often hear people saying "I'm going to play Wii/Xbox/360". I do remember a time, however, when "PlayStation" was a generic term for a console. Those days have passed. Of course, those were the days of Sony's 80% marketshare, so you would expect PlayStation to be the dominant brand name in gaming.

Nowadays, the generic term is sometimes "PlayStation" and sometimes "Xbox". Never "Wii", for the very good reason that the average non-gamer can tell the difference between a Wii and an HD console, and for the better reason that the Wii is very different from the other two.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

well if u did ask for more then have a look at this:

http://www.millwardbrown.com/sites/optimor/Media/Pdfs/en/BrandZ/BrandZ-2009-Report.pdf

scroll down to the list of the top 100 most valuable brands.....where Nintendo places 32nd most valuable brand and sony doesn't even make it in top 100....also nintendo is the 2nd most valuable in Japan after toyota....

scroll down even more to the section on gaming consoles page 24....there beside the article is the list of most valuable consoles to date...as you can see NINTENDO CLAIM THE FIRST 2 SPOTS. Nintendo DS is the strongest brand with a worth of 9659 Million and Wii comes in at second at 8256 Million....Even the 360 tops the ps3.....and ps3 is on;y worth 341 million dollars.....for many of u talking abt playsation 2 well gameboy tops it hell even the orginal xbox tops the playstation 2 brand.....

so this argument is over NINTENDO IS THE CLEAR WINNER HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Wii_Master said:
well if u did ask for more then have a look at this:

http://www.millwardbrown.com/sites/optimor/Media/Pdfs/en/BrandZ/BrandZ-2009-Report.pdf

scroll down to the list of the top 100 most valuable brands.....where Nintendo places 32nd most valuable brand and sony doesn't even make it in top 100....also nintendo is the 2nd most valuable in Japan after toyota....

scroll down even more to the section on gaming consoles page 24....there beside the article is the list of most valuable consoles to date...as you can see NINTENDO CLAIM THE FIRST 2 SPOTS. Nintendo DS is the strongest brand with a worth of 9659 Million and Wii comes in at second at 8256 Million....Even the 360 tops the ps3.....and ps3 is on;y worth 341 million dollars.....for many of u talking abt playsation 2 well gameboy tops it hell even the orginal xbox tops the playstation 2 brand.....

so this argument is over NINTENDO IS THE CLEAR WINNER HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but I don't trust any report where the Xbox beats the PS2. You know, the console that outsold it 5:1.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective