By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official Shigeru Miyamoto Keynote @ GDC Thread

I'm dissapoined by his keynote. The only thing he said that intrerested me was his thing about the new Channel... It's funny. "My mii is more popular than my OTHER mii!" Microsoft got more press coverage with their new Halo3 collectors helmet... lol (like as in, I expected to at least let you Wii guys get some fuel to argue agiant me... That was a plain joke...) "Yeah kwaad... Miyamoto's wife plays the wii! it's superior to the PS3!!!" That's the only useful thing I gathered from what was said... lol

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

Like we said before, Nintendo's not really big on GDC... I mean...Miyamoto hasn't been spoken there in 8 years...it's not their big event or anything.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said: Like we said before, Nintendo's not really big on GDC... I mean...Miyamoto hasn't been spoken there in 8 years...it's not their big event or anything.
I'm just saying... considering they had a line half a mile long to be there... I expected something... fun... Now a crude point at
(Repeat x2) My mii brings all the boys to the yard, And their like It's better than yours, Damn right it's better than yours, I can teach you, But I have to charge I know you want it, The thing that makes me, What the guys go crazy for. They lose their minds, The way I wind, I think its time (Chorus x2) La la-la la la, Warm it up. Lala-lalala, The boys are waiting
Edit: This is my masterpiece post... this has to be the funniest thing I've done here so far.

Tao, If you live in the USA, there are like a dozen games worth playing on Wii, depending on your tastes. I like about 6 of them, but the good ones (based on what my friends like) are Wii Sports Wii Play Zelda Trauma Center Sonic and The Secret Rings Rayman Raving Rabbits SSX Blur Elebits Madden NFL 2007 Super Monkey Ball Red Steel Call of Duty 3 Personally, I have Wii Sports, Zelda, Sonic and The Secret Rings, SSX Blur (if anyone noticed I dissappeared for about a week - that was to play Blur..), Rayman, Monkey Ball. I see them like this: Great alone: Zelda Good alone: Sonic Good with people: Wii Sports, SSX Blur Decent with people: Rayman, Super Monkey Ball Zelda is good for 6 weeks alone. Sonic is good for 3-4 weeks. Wii Sports is good - lightly played with friends - for 2-3 months. Blur is good for 3 weeks or so. Rayman and Monkeyball are good on and off until Mario Party 8 comes out, at which point you trade them in... Essentially my Wii schedule looks like this: Nov 28: Got Wii & Zelda. 3 hours or so a day playing Zelda/Wii Sports. Dec 20: Got Rayman and more nunchucks. Play Rayman 1/2-1.5 hours a day through Feb..less after late Feb Jan 15: Completely beat Zelda. Got Super Monkey Ball. Wii Sports an hour a day - bowling with four people & boxing. Feb 28 - Got Sonic March 2- Got sick of Monkey Ball. Wii Sports half an hour a day..seeing how old I am... March 3 - Got SSX Blur, still play Sonic about an hour a day. Today - Two hours of Sonic and Blur... -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sonic and SSX Blur and the two party games should last me through March...then... April 9 - I buy Super Paper Mario (should last me a month). Sometime in April I consider Godfather, and Prince of Persia. If one of those averages over an 8.0 with 20 reviews, I'll buy it. May - I consider Heatseeker and Mortal Kombat. Again, if they average over 8.0 with 20 reviews, I'll buy one or both. Otherwise, at the end of the month I turn in Monkey Ball and Rayman to get Mario Party 8, which will be my primary game for 6-8 weeks... June - Considering Big Brain Academy. But I'm usually very busy in the summer. University time is substituted with baseball games and work... I figure Smash Brothers or Galaxy comes out in August. So any drought will be in the summer when I am busy. If I have time, I go back and consider getting Godfather, Wii Play, Trauma Center, Elebits, Prince of Persia, Heatseeker, Mortal Kombat. If one of these games is in the high 7's, and down below $35...I'll buy it..if bored.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Kwaad: That's just...like...your opinion, man. -The Dude.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

2004 Lincoln LSV8 - ~$15,000

K&N Cold Air Intake - $300

Handheld ECU Reprogrammer - $400

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless

Around the Network

Sintinel said: Kwaad: That's just...like...your opinion, man. -The Dude.
It's funny tho.

Kwaad said: I'm dissapoined by his keynote. The only thing he said that intrerested me was his thing about the new Channel... It's funny.
Wow, what a surprise - Kwaad disappointed by a non-Sony event ;) C'mon mate - get your head together. Firstly its GDC (i.e. a conference for people who develop games - not E3!), secondly there is a press gag. Im sure there will be lots of Nintendo goodness news over the coming weeks. PS - I have noticed that Nintendo seem to be learning from Microsoft with software scheduling. Expect one big title released every month from Nintendo (or there abouts), to push the sales of each one.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Eh, it was kinda pitchy and just ok for me. I wasn't expecting much though thanks to the gag order. Galaxy is a must have.

This keynote - no comparison to Sony's presentation. Really poor - Big N. was really unprepared. Maybe they don't care about GDC. Games for non-gamers... please.

Isn't Nintendo prevented from making big announcements right now because of a stock issue in Japan or something like that?