By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official Shigeru Miyamoto Keynote @ GDC Thread

kber81 said: This keynote - no comparison to Sony's presentation. Really poor - Big N. was really unprepared. Maybe they don't care about GDC. Games for non-gamers... please.
What you and many others fail to understand, is that this is not a presentation for gamers, but for developers. Nintendo doesn't usually show that much new games at GDC. At that, they did reveal some new Mario footage, which was good enough for me. Nintendo releases game info at other times besides GDC...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

BenKenobi88 said: What you and many others fail to understand, is that this is not a presentation for gamers, but for developers. Nintendo doesn't usually show that much new games at GDC. At that, they did reveal some new Mario footage, which was good enough for me. Nintendo releases game info at other times besides GDC...
E3 means much less now than for example 3 years ago. GDC is a good occassion to present interesting stuff also for gamers - media are very influential and opinion-forming so this is an important event. You can defend Nintendo but many people was counting for something much more descent than few screens, especially after all the hype around HOME - even here people was talking about great speaches of Nintendo notables from the past. The fact is they didn't prepare anything special. Aren't you a bit disappointed? I'm sure you are.

I wasn't even expecting any videos, truthfully. The fact that I got to see videos of Super Paper Mario, Zelda DS, and Mario Galaxy was rather suprising. If they mess up their stock situation right now with the evaluation and selling, they'd be in a world of legal hurt. We're talking problems on the level of insider trading, which I recall a certain celebrity went behind bars for a few years ago (Read : Martha Stewart).

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Yep...anyone who expected anything new from the Nintendo keynote did not understand the situation. That's pretty much all there is to it.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

2004 Lincoln LSV8 - ~$15,000

K&N Cold Air Intake - $300

Handheld ECU Reprogrammer - $400

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless