By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

JPL78 said:
Graham, you should definitely get it. Me and Ronster have been having a blast. Tonight was 6-4, my favor, but he definitely gave me a much closer run for my money. I have no doubt with an arcade stick in his hands I would be done for.

Anyway, you really shouldn't be worried about cheapness. It doesn't really matter when skill comes into play. Cable maybe the cheapest character there is, but if you know his moves then anticipating and avoiding them are child's play.

Plus, ANY character in the hands of a skilled player can rock out. I don't know anyone who would say Rogue is cheap but in my hands she is a force of nature. It just depends on what you know and who you play. But I don't really understand people who all say the game is unbalanced. I've probably played a couple thousand matches in my life, if not more, and I would never call this game unbalanced. There is just a sheer large amount of characters for it to be unbalanced. For every overpowered Cable gunning character there is another character that can own him. I don't even pick my team with the other person's choices in mind. I just say, hey, I want this character and pick them. All in all if you understand the basics of gameplay, fair use of blocking, dashing and super jumping... hell, you don't even need to know all of a character's moves to be effective.

But yeah, I have a feeling I'll be playing this for a long while. Just the fact that it runs so flawlessly online could keep me going. So if you get it Graham, I'm down for some play, for sure.

Ack guess I'll have to get it peer pressure from e-buddies ;_;. It's the fact that my cheap playstyle is scrubby...MvC2 is one of those games that I feel ashamed to play because I play like such a scrub. If I pick it up i'm gonna have to go training mode for hours, but I have nothing else to do tonight. If I see you guys on I'll give you a message.

@Ronster holy crap that isn't a cushion!!! I thought I had a chance to catch up to you ><

@Neo awesome update again as usual you brighten my thursdays =)

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Around the Network
erikers said:
badgenome said:
Haha. I am pretty much married to the chainsaw. If you check my stats, I'm sure it would be some ridiculous ratio of chainsaw to shotgun kills... like 20:1.

That's pretty sad heh. If you chainsawed me more than 3 times in a match I would personally find out where you lived and help you marry a coffin. I wouldn't want to be proud of that if I were you. You'll never be able to really get good in the game if you never learn how to properly aim with the shotgun and hipshot with it, not to mention the sniper/torque bow.

I don't want to say I'm really good in the game but since noone else can I will ;). I generally finish highest in any game that isn't completely laggy and the breakthrough came during the first Gears when I mastered the hip shooting with the shotgun and quickly sniping people. A chainsaw isn't something you want to have in a match now unless it's going to be really laggy. Anybody with a hammerburst should be able to destroy you. Anyways you can check your stats on gearsofwar.com here's mine. It's worth noting I almost always play with randoms so the fact I have a positive win/loss ratio is amazing to me. Kill/Death ratio is my proudest achievement though, don't think there's many people you'll find much higher.

Games Played 1,108
Wins 615
Losses 493
Win/Loss Ratio 1.25
Kills 18,134
Deaths 7,053
Kill/Death Ratio 2.57
Games Without Dying 116

That is a great k/d, my record aint so great, and that k/d would be less than 1 if it were not for horde

Games Played 157
Wins 66
Losses 91
Win/Loss Ratio 0.73
Kills 1,596
Deaths 1,254
Kill/Death Ratio 1.27

erikers said:
badgenome said:
Haha. I am pretty much married to the chainsaw. If you check my stats, I'm sure it would be some ridiculous ratio of chainsaw to shotgun kills... like 20:1.

That's pretty sad heh. If you chainsawed me more than 3 times in a match I would personally find out where you lived and help you marry a coffin. I wouldn't want to be proud of that if I were you. You'll never be able to really get good in the game if you never learn how to properly aim with the shotgun and hipshot with it, not to mention the sniper/torque bow.

I don't want to say I'm really good in the game but since noone else can I will ;). I generally finish highest in any game that isn't completely laggy and the breakthrough came during the first Gears when I mastered the hip shooting with the shotgun and quickly sniping people. A chainsaw isn't something you want to have in a match now unless it's going to be really laggy. Anybody with a hammerburst should be able to destroy you. Anyways you can check your stats on gearsofwar.com here's mine. It's worth noting I almost always play with randoms so the fact I have a positive win/loss ratio is amazing to me. Kill/Death ratio is my proudest achievement though, don't think there's many people you'll find much higher.

Games Played 1,108
Wins 615
Losses 493
Win/Loss Ratio 1.25
Kills 18,134
Deaths 7,053
Kill/Death Ratio 2.57
Games Without Dying 116

That is impressive, but if I ever see you in a match, I will make it a point to stick a chainsaw in your booty four or five times.

badgenome said:
erikers said:
badgenome said:

Games Played 1,108
Wins 615
Losses 493
Win/Loss Ratio 1.25
Kills 18,134
Deaths 7,053
Kill/Death Ratio 2.57
Games Without Dying 116

That is impressive, but if I ever see you in a match, I will make it a point to stick a chainsaw in your booty four or five times.

Make sure you run up from behind and stab me in the back otherwise you won't have a head for long

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

@ Graham.

Cool pic above you made of me getting triple kills and "pawning" you for 285 gold ect lol.

The gaps built up again a bit, but there were 2 tournaments ending this week that i placed high in.

I'm shocked i got 2nd in Fight night round 4, hell, i borrowed a mates copy for only like 3-4 days, grabbed some quickfire points and never touched it again, so to say i'm pleased with second on that one would be an understatement.

Virtua tennis 2009 i expected to place high in (Hey, i have been playing Virtua tennis games since 1999, and my VT 3 record online aint too shabby either).

Apart from the MVC2 race i can't see any tournament points heading my way for quite some time.

The gap may start to close yet again now.

Around the Network

Platinum on Fallout 3

Just in time for Mothership Zeta.

Just a question for everyone...

I have noticed that one of the gamers in the league has really moved up the charts this year. The person has received more gamerscore this year so far then any other gamer in the league. I do not award the person any league points because the gamertag is not able to be viewed with the privacy settings are turned on for the account. Also, since the privacy settings are turned on, none of the games the person plays show up on MGC and therefore do not count to the 20 for games to become platinum or receive platinum award. The person is in the league but, only their total score is counting.

Given that the person is probably going to be #2 in the league gamerscore rank (or very close to it) by the end of this year, I want your feedback as to what we should or should not do.

Just a note: The gamer has scored about 7,000 more points then RONSTER316 over the season.

Kick him ^^

I just question the whole thing. Why wouldn't you want your scores to show up when you are scoring like a mad man? I have to wonder whats really going on. The only two non-cheating ways you could score that much more than Ronster would be to either whore a ton of easy games or either not do anything in your life except eat sleep and game.

Either way Neo you were plenty clear earlier right, privacy setting on equals no league competition.

edit: one more for full MvC2 tourney!  Graham, just let me know if you want to get schooled in some versus matches :)

Who is the user in question??