By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

NeoRatt said:
JPL78 said:

@Neo, as someone who pays 100 dollars a month on t.v. I don't watch (others in the house do) I couldn't agree more.  I have a couple shows I like, deadliest warrior is excellent.  But with things like Netflix, Zune and DVDs, t.v. service seems almost pointless now days.

As for redownloading, I had to get Smash TV that way, by going into my download history.  But I could swear when I deleted a few games it actually told me something like "this item is no longer available on xbox live, if you delete it you will not be able to download it again."  So I don't know what that was about.

What creeps me out is I had near 600 downloads... do you know how much money that is?  I mean, I don't know exactly, but with the knickle and dime stuff it is so easy to spend 10 here, 5 there, and not really realize how much money you've spent over all.  It really does add  up.

If you pay for content it is always available.  The only time I have seen content unavailable was stuff I didn't pay for.  I have 1342 items in my purchase history...  For the rest of the year I am focusing on decreasing the backlog...

Holy cow, what all is in there? I'm doing the same thing with my backlog once I finish Batman: AA. I have several JRPGs to play through.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network

@themanwithnoname, knowing Neo I'm guessing like every single piece of content ever offered on Live.

Wow, 100 percent game completion on Deathspank, 8 hours exactly, give or take 5 minutes.  I swear it felt longer than that.

JPL78 said:

@themanwithnoname, knowing Neo I'm guessing like every single piece of content ever offered on Live.

Wow, 100 percent game completion on Deathspank, 8 hours exactly, give or take 5 minutes.  I swear it felt longer than that.

I buy all DLC that contains achievements for the games I own.  I also buy highly rated indie games (Mostly to support the developers)...

Well, I have become an Epic Tier 3 Engineer so if anybody needs some work done feel free to call.  I will admit something that's sad though, halfway through my 3rd play through of Dead Space I finally realized you can stomp those boxes and they have ammo or money in them.  I'll turn that into a positive though, it just means I'm more awesome than previously thought.

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%

@erikers, congrats.  I love that game and wish it sold better.  I can't imagine all the ammo and credits (and potential upgrades) you lost out on.  Did you use the trick to play impossible with the kickass Level 6 Military Suit?  Once you beat the game with a 2nd playthough save, watch the ending but don't save your game for a 3rd playthrough.  Instead go to the main menu and start a game on impossible.  Isaac should be wearing the Military Suit from the start.  Even with the suit, some of the rooms on impossible were a pain.  The barracks on the Valor in particular.

Around the Network

I should really re-do Dead Space and try the Impossible.  Hated that impending doom noise though.  Like claws on a chalkboard or something.  I had to turn it down.  Almost glad DS2 got pushed to next year as the fall looks real busy.

Like JPL I worry about content being discontinued and I did see that 'last chance' message on something recently.  Good advice from Messiah/Mr. B but when I upgraded my HD the DL History list was lost.  Or shortened.  A GT recovery should fix that but don't quote me.  A Gaiden Black theme seems to be gone from xbl but the old Yavin Station dlc for Kotor was still there.  Hope they give us some serious warning before stopping major content like Shivering Isles or any arcade title.  I can't imagine filling a 250gb drive. 

I would miss the NFL. the Tour de France, John Stewart, Robot Chicken, The Mentalist and that's about it if I ditched cable tv.  Idk what's online.  Cable is a rip this side of the pond.  I would gladly pay for the 2 mins. of ads per half-hour the Brits enjoy but most programs are made for the NA model.  8 mins per is ridiculous and makes many programs unwatchable for me.  Especially movies but sports as well.  So glad I discovered gaming.

In my continuing quest to experience every playable wrpg on 360 I am wading through Risen.  17 hours in and I finally got a decent shield and a shard of a sword that I may be able to reforge.  I got an ach. for 500 beasts in chapter one.  If the visuals were as good as Divinity 2, Sacred 2 or even Two Worlds I could recommend it.  Combat seems hit or miss and the music is nothing special.  As is it's for rabid rpg fans and not the faint of heart.  The metas on EU developed titles seem way low to me.  I've enjoyed them all but D2 is my fav. among the four.  I think TW2 will rock, wonder about Gothic 4 and wish they'd put The Witcher on my box. 

@Recon, Risen was quite craptastic I thought.  Like you I waded through it but didn't enjoy it that much. Divinity 2 I loved.

As for the commercial thing, one word, Tivo. Makes all the difference.

I may be able to win my 1st tourny now that Crackdown 2 is eligible. I have a feeling I won't win though but I'll enjoy being 1st for now...

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

For some reason TrueAchievements has deleted all of my friends...

eNamrah said:

@erikers, congrats.  I love that game and wish it sold better.  I can't imagine all the ammo and credits (and potential upgrades) you lost out on.  Did you use the trick to play impossible with the kickass Level 6 Military Suit?  Once you beat the game with a 2nd playthough save, watch the ending but don't save your game for a 3rd playthrough.  Instead go to the main menu and start a game on impossible.  Isaac should be wearing the Military Suit from the start.  Even with the suit, some of the rooms on impossible were a pain.  The barracks on the Valor in particular.

I never got a Level 6 Military Suit

Completed XBLA: 16 / 32
Completed Retail: 17 / 64
GS Completion %: 82.63%