By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz 360 Gamerscore League

For those wanting the 500 kills w. mounted weapon ach. in Red Dead.  There is a save spot at a house in El Matadero with a Gatling on the roof.  I did get the ach. in SP.   Took me 2 hours as having a high honour stat to start means shorter attacks.  You may need to raid Casa Madrugada and slaughter some innocents  Don't get caught on the road, use the mini-map to watch the ladder at your back and save downstairs when you can.  In SP getting killed means a reload to last save, in MP you respawn with stats intact which makes the EL Presidio method in MP possible.  I'm quite sure that is correct.  Unsuspecting passers-by do count towards the ach.  They are technically 'enemies' when they die.?  Check progress in stats and add cannon and Browning MG for your total.

I had earlier disproved net rumours that you could get this in SP mission mode.  That is absolutely incorrect info.  The El Presidio method in Public Free Roam that asskickers like Namrah and JPL use means starting the count from scratch and you face all active enemies so the SP is a bit easier.  More rumours report you may need to kill at least one person at El Precidia to get this to pop but I did not have that glitch in SP.  Now for 10 mins. as Public Enemy No. 1.

Remember kids this is 'just' a video game and you should never, ever shoot 462 people with a Gatling Gun in the real world! 

Around the Network

Recon, look across from the train station in Blackwater, there is a brick building that says welcome to blackwater with a ladder going up.  Climb up to the very top, take out people from behind cover.  Best part is the A.I. can't come up there.  Now other players can, but fortunately they have to use the ladder, so as long as you watch the map you can easily kill them before they get to you.  10 minutes later, achievement.

Also if right at the later exit on the roof is a square piece of concrete, if you stand on that and look from the train station over to the town square and back the game will spawn endless civillians.  You are however at risk so keep a good eye on where the lawmen are.

I also used this location for the bounty related achievements.

By the way, microsoft can suck it after that horrible conference.

10 to 20 minutes showing us a few games we already knew about.

An hour spent on video conferencing, streaming ESPN and gimicky looking Kinect games.

I'm not done but I don't think they even announced the upcoming summer of arcade lineup.

All in all I have to say I feel that Microsoft is no longer catering to me as a gamer.  Time will tell but if they are willing to spend over 2/3rds of their regular conference on Kinect when it already has its own seperate conference.... how weak.

They might as well as come out and said "Core gamers, thank you for supporting X-box, please continue to support X-box while we more or less ignore you and aim for Nintendo's crowd now.

I agree JPL.  I feel like MS wasted an hour and a half of my time.  Not interested in video conferencing or ESPN on my xbox and I couldn't care less about Kinect with it's shovelware. The Star Wars game looked weak.

I quit watching and just forwarded through the last half of it, stopping to see if each new announcement held any interest for me and nothing did. Aside from Gears 3 footage I don't believe I even enjoyed anything else I did watch.

I waited all year for this and saw not one thing that even hyped me up.

Well, at least there is still like 15 more hours of coverage on G4.  Hopefully the third parties won't let me down.

Around the Network
JPL78 said:

Heads up Neo, second place in RDR.

TA doesn't like me... for some reason it hasn't added any single thing I've done for the last 3 days.  How does that work with our weekly system if it can lag that far behind in scanning everyone?

You can request a refresh of your TA manually (icon below your gamertag on "My Homepage"

So there's only 2 achievements worth 25gs in Mass Effect 2's new DLC.  Three pieces of DLC thus far and only 55gs.  Stop being so stingy with the DLC gamerscore, Bioware!

I had the same feeling about the conference. 

When I first started thinking about E3 in May, my expectations were exactly what really happened.  But, MS screwed up a few weeks back when they said they would do Natal separately and keep the press conference focused on gamers.

To me, it was focused on Natal.   And the hard core gamer only learned that there would be a Crytek exclusive coming eventually.  I would have liked to have seen maybe a PGR announcement, or PD announcement, Conker, Halo Wars, Too Human, Mass Effect, etc.  Instead, I got treated to social gaming, fitness gaming, and sports.  Not that I don't care about them, but, my job is extremely stressful on the mind and drains every ounce of social activity out of me.  When, I get home, a lot of times I want to take out a cool action game, shooter, or RPG and exit reality for a few hours.

In the end, there are usually only 2-3 games put out as true exclusives on each platform, each holiday season that are worth talking about.  So, Halo Reach and Fable III are those this year.  I would have liked to have seen one more surprise though.  I much prefer this then telling me about a bunch of games that we will only see a couple of anyhow by the end of the year.  Everytime I heard an Alan Wake, Too Human, GT5, Killzone 2, etc. delay I rolled my eyes and thought, "why do they continue to do this?".  At least my expectations are low right now, and they can only rise.

And there already is strong third party stuff for the holiday...  Call of Duty Black Ops, Medal of Honor reboot, LA Noire, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Fallout New Vegas, Codemasters F1, Criterion's Need for Speed, etc.  I think in lots of ways Microsoft is helping third parties pull the hardcore weight this holiday.

I see they reduced the price of existing 360's by $50.  So we will probably see that when the stock runs out the new ones will drop to that price point in Madden / September timeframe.  Then, Halo Reach, then Kinect, then, Fable III...  Microsoft will probably do fine this holiday and expand the gamer base.  Encouraging continued third party hard core support.

What was funny was IGN did a round table discussion on their thoughts of the conference and every single person praised it as one of their best shows ever.

Meanwhile roughly 70 percent of Xbox owners are showing extreme disgust and the other 30 percent and telling us why we are stupid for feeling that.

I just made up that 70 percent thing obviously, but I can't help but wonder if the fact that they (IGN journalists) received free Xbox slims had anything to do with their praise.

But yes we have Fable 3, Halo and Gears.  That's great.  Problem is Halo got old to me long ago, Gears hasn't yet but probably will by the end of part 3 and Fable 3, well the only exclusive I'm even looking forward to really.  My point has be we already knew about these games, for a while now actually, and when I think E3 I think of good suprise announcements.

To me it was more about what they didn't show compared to what they did show.  No arcade? No gameroom? No hardcore games that work with Kinect?  Overall a very pathetic showing unless you have been dying for some casual Wii game rip-offs on the X-box. I guess in theory if that was what I wanted I would have probably loved it.  I still think people who did pick Xbox over Wii did so specifically because Wii didn't appeal to their gaming sensabilities.  I'm not sure of the success they will find trying to steal Nintendo's audience when they are more than satisfied with Nintendo already.

And also as cool as the motion controls use in controlling Live menus, yeah, that looks cool enough.  But is anyone really using their controller to navigate the Xbox UI and thinking, "Man this sucks. If only I didn't need my controller."

there did seem to be this strange inexplicable absense of things they should have been showing and talking about.  they really didnt seem to cover much ground gamewise at all. 

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur