By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
RolStoppable said:
I am really surprised that nobody expects the Lions or Cardinals to win their first game.

Lions vs. Raiders is damned near a toss-up. I went with home-field, and won't be surprised if I'm wrong. The 49ers are legitimately a better team than the Cardinals - pretty close on offense, but much better on defense. Plus, they're at home too.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Desroko said:
RolStoppable said:
I am really surprised that nobody expects the Lions or Cardinals to win their first game.

Lions vs. Raiders is damned near a toss-up. I went with home-field, and won't be surprised if I'm wrong. The 49ers are legitimately a better team than the Cardinals - pretty close on offense, but much better on defense. Plus, they're at home too.

Actually I am not surprised that nobody picked them to win their first game, but yes, the Raiders weren't that good either in the last few seasons.

But seriously, you expect the Texans to win vs. the Chiefs? The Chiefs so bad this season or the Texans finally with a decent team?

@ Desroko: haha same reasoning

@ Roll:  Both are bad teams.  Honestly, I think overall the Chiefs probably have the better chance, but the Texans were showing some improvement at the end of last season and I am picking them as a sort of minor upset.

naznatips said:
RolStoppable said:
Desroko said:
RolStoppable said:

Actually I am not surprised that nobody picked them to win their first game, but yes, the Raiders weren't that good either in the last few seasons.

But seriously, you expect the Texans to win vs. the Chiefs? The Chiefs so bad this season or the Texans finally with a decent team?

@ Desroko: haha same reasoning

@ Roll: Both are bad teams. Honestly, I think overall the Chiefs probably have the better chance, but the Texans were showing some improvement at the end of last season and I am picking them as a sort of minor upset.

Yeah. Neither are really good, but the Chiefs' O-line is a mess, which will spell trouble for Huard and LJ, while their best receiver is a 31-year old tight end and their best defensive player, DE Jared Allen, is out. I expect to see some improvement from the Texans this year, too. I won't be shocked if they lose, but I don't see it as the most likely outcome. The line is -3 for Houston, which sounds about right. 

I am a HUMONGOUS Broncos fan, have been all my life. I think we'll be pretty good this year, around 11-5 or 12-4. The only thing that concerns me about our team is the loss of Al Wilson. This could spell trouble for the defense, but as soon as we adjust and find some chemistry, everyone else better watch out. ;)

My cinderella pick. You heard it here first THE FALCONS.

Many might laugh. But last year my cinderella OHMIGOSH team was

THE SAINTS coming off a 3-13 season.

It worked out okay for them.

I think the Falcons are going to be okay in the post Vick saga. especially now that they have an actual qb that looks to pass first. Vs. run first.

They're solid all around, defense, offense, special teams.

Just a hunch but I think they may make the play offs this year without Vick.

My other out of nowhere pick is THE VIKINGSL

NFC east is going to be interesting. I think The Cowboys D is going to be much improved but I'm still not sold on Romo. T.O. hasn't shown he's losing a step yet. But Glenn is old and having knee problems. Whitten is a great TE. But I don't think the 'boys addressed enough of their offensive line problems. And that was one of their major weak points last season.

I want to see how Romo peforms as the starter for a whole year. And with coaches game planning around him as a starter.

If he can make the Pro Bowl again this year (last year was fluke Pro Bowl off of 5 games?!?!?! And he started to decline in production?!?!?!) then I'll eat crow.

But while a solid avg. qb. I don't think he's the annoited one like so many Dallas fans and media critics are so quick to point out.

Just my opinion though

Around the Network

Kickoff time! Go Colts!!!

Time to crack open a beer and drink to the start of the best 5 months of the year! 

If anybody else wants to make predictions for the week, the next games won't be until Sunday at 1 pm, US Eastern time.

C'mon Colts, get me off to a good start.

Oh man lol he batted the pass back in bree's hand.

"Everyone else see's the Joker laugh; only Harley has ever seen him cry."- Arleen Sorkin

In an hour of Darkness a blind man is
the best guide. In an age of Insanity
look to the madman to show the way.
- - Warhammer 40,000 rule book

New Orleans Saints at Indianapolis Colts
Kansas City Chiefs at Houston Texans
Atlanta Falcons at Minnesota Vikings
New England Patriots at New York Jets
Carolina Panthers at St. Louis Rams
Miami Dolphins at Washington Redskins
Philadelphia Eagles at Green Bay Packers
Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns
Denver Broncos at Buffalo Bills
Tennessee Titans at Jacksonville Jaguars
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Seattle Seahawks
Chicago Bears at San Diego Chargers
Detroit Lions at Oakland Raiders
New York Giants at Dallas Cowboys
Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals

Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers

To Each Man, Responsibility

Wow, the Colts are looking much better than I thought they would. They lost some great players this season, but both the offense and defense are coming out swinging.