By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Sqrl said:
Life long Vikings fan, and I am hoping the whole team goes out for a cruise before the season starts this week =P

Seriously though we have the Falcons for week 1 and I am hoping the whole scandal they have going right now will give us a nice edge. As for the team as a whole I am unsure where we stand right now, there were a lot of changes from last season so I am expecting a rough season.

PS - I still feel completely robbed from the '98 season....that was our year man...god damn Gary Anderson....

Same here, 98 was the WORST thing ever.  The vikings have been much harder to watch ever since Culpepper got traded, it's just not as exciting and there hasn't been good results.  Everyone complained about Tice, but we only got worse when Childress came in, ugh.  Being a Vikings fan kind of sucks.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
johnsobas said:
Sqrl said:
Life long Vikings fan, and I am hoping the whole team goes out for a cruise before the season starts this week =P

Seriously though we have the Falcons for week 1 and I am hoping the whole scandal they have going right now will give us a nice edge. As for the team as a whole I am unsure where we stand right now, there were a lot of changes from last season so I am expecting a rough season.

PS - I still feel completely robbed from the '98 season....that was our year man...god damn Gary Anderson....

Same here, 98 was the WORST thing ever. The vikings have been much harder to watch ever since Culpepper got traded, it's just not as exciting and there hasn't been good results. Everyone complained about Tice, but we only got worse when Childress came in, ugh. Being a Vikings fan kind of sucks.

Plus the Steelers hired away your best coach. Puts a smile on my face, at least.

At least you have Adrian Petterson now. I think he's going to become a stud.

Also who do you all think will be the "Cinderella" of the year? The saints were obviously last year's.

This year I think honestly it will be the Raiders. They had the BEST, by far, off season, picking up a lot of talent to add to their already good defense. I mean I think that Culpepper will eventually take the starting QB and he's been looking like his old self now. Add that to good RB's, with LaMont Jordan and eventually, Dominic Rhodes. Also I hope Jerry Porter has a great come back season because I have him as my 3rd WR in my fantasy draft :P

But yea, I also think the Cleveland Browns might be better this year if Quinn can step up.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

I like the Dolphins!

Has there been any promotion of the Giants and Dolphins game in London yet. The game will happen on October 28 at Wembley Stadium.

I really can't wait to see that game.

"Everyone else see's the Joker laugh; only Harley has ever seen him cry."- Arleen Sorkin

In an hour of Darkness a blind man is
the best guide. In an age of Insanity
look to the madman to show the way.
- - Warhammer 40,000 rule book

Around the Network

My cinderella pick for the season would be the Lions, I like Jon Kitna's confidence.

Ratix240sx said:
My cinderella pick for the season would be the Lions, I like Jon Kitna's confidence.

lololol.  that will be the day i die.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Lions have really good offence. Jon Kitna does pass for a heck of a lot of yards. Its just he throws as many TD's as interceptions. That and their defence is the worst in the league :)

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Desroko said:
johnsobas said:
Sqrl said:

Same here, 98 was the WORST thing ever. The vikings have been much harder to watch ever since Culpepper got traded, it's just not as exciting and there hasn't been good results. Everyone complained about Tice, but we only got worse when Childress came in, ugh. Being a Vikings fan kind of sucks.

Plus the Steelers hired away your best coach. Puts a smile on my face, at least.

Don't even get me started.....some of the best head coaches in the league got their first shot under the Vikings and a lot of them were great assets to the team even early on.  We cultivate coaches for some strange reason.  There are a bunch of them you could list, but suffice it to say we suck at retaining our good coaches, but I can't blame them for wanting a shot at running the whole shabang for themselves.

I still miss Moss.  I thought it was the dumbest thing ever when he feigned mooning the crowd and everyone freaked out on him.  Seriously, if he had actually done it..sure persecute the guy...but for what he did people went way overboard on him.

To Each Man, Responsibility

DA BEARS!!!! Since I was 9 baby!!!

I predict Hester will run it back in the first game.

2nd Oldest team in the league, born 1921 (Cardinals 1898)
2nd most championships (GB has 12, CHI 9)
Most seasons leading league in TD's (13)
Most seasons leading league in gained yards (12)
Most seasons leading league in rushing (16)
Most games won in a season (4way tie, SanFran, Minn, Pitts)
2nd most connsecutive games won (New England first by 1)

I could go on but see for yourself at the greatness of Bear's legacy at:
http://www.nfl.com/history/randf
Go to any team records section and Bears will be at the top or very close to it. Yes even in fumbles.

"The Bears won their first title the next season (1921) with a 9-1-1 mark..."

http://www.chicagobears.com/tradition/HistorybyDecades.html

Read it if you want to learn about a real football team.