By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter 4 and Resident Evil 5 are not worthy.

I look at the two games once in awhile. I thought about purchasing these games but I thought I could just save my money for something better to come.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

The way I read the OP was that he was comparing the most recent games to their predecessors and saying that he was let down. So, he considered RE4 to be better than RE5 (I agree with that) He thought SF3 was better than SF4 (I agree with that too).

Racism is re5?..Its definitely got some stereotypical imagery going on..and yes I've been to Africa.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

I'm guessing most people that outright hate Street Fighter IV and say that Seth is "cheap" more or less just suck at the game. There are definitely auto-pilot tactics you can use to mow down the CPU, but spamming lariats against any competent player will probably get you crushed rather quickly.

Gouken is no Pokemon Trainer.

numonex said:
seece said:
numonex said:

Thanks for the heads up. I will not be buying those two games. Capcom make crap games. IMO DMC 4 sucked. I do not have high hopes for SF IV and RE5. I played RE5 demo and it was a total POS.

Reviewers give all games 5 to 10 points more to all games across the board, the reviews are sussed and should not be taken seriously.

RE5 has 85 on metacritic - it should be 75 to 80.
SF IV has 93 on metacritic - it should be 83 to 88.

GTA IV scored 97 on metacritic and that game deserves no higher than 87 - I would give  it 82. Reviews are rigged and game reviewers are corrupt.

How can you give either games a score when you havn't played either ... I don't get it ..

RE5: I played the demo and hated it and well I do not like the gameplay mechanics, the stop pop gameplqy is crap. It is RE 4.5 by what I have heard from gamers opinions who have played both RE4 and RE5.

SF IV: I hate fighting games - they are boring button mashers. Played one, played them all. I have read different people's opinions from gamers that matter more to me than reviewers

If games get high critic reviews - we all have to accept it? No, I do not think so. These high reviews could be paid for by game developers trying to sell more copies of the game.

Or its their opinion just like its yours.

You should've known about all this going into either game. I realized Capcom was throwing SFIII under the bus months ago.

I broke down and got SFIV, and I really like it, despite not being like the Third Strike. I'd absolutely die if they made an HD remix of the Third Strike, though.

As for RE5, after the demo, I decided I'd probably never buy it.

Edit: Just realized you threw in a comment about enemy variety and racism for RE5. It's a zombie game. Zombies usually look the same. Every RE has been like this, as have other games like Dead Rising.  And racism? The game is set in Africa.  The zombies being black is kind of a necessity.

Around the Network
numonex said:

Thanks for the heads up. I will not be buying those two games. Capcom make crap games. IMO DMC 4 sucked. I do not have high hopes for SF IV and RE5. I played RE5 demo and it was a total POS.

Reviewers give all games 5 to 10 points more to all games across the board, the reviews are sussed and should not be taken seriously.

RE5 has 85 on metacritic - it should be 75 to 80.
SF IV has 93 on metacritic - it should be 83 to 88.

GTA IV scored 97 on metacritic and that game deserves no higher than 87 - I would give it 82. Reviews are rigged and game reviewers are corrupt.

Yup... Capcom is definitely going down hill this gen. DMC 4 did suck. Although ironically their rehashes of older games like Megaman 9 and Bionic Commando Rearmed are not bad. BUT THESE ARE NOT NEXT GEN GAMES! I am still keeping my fingers crossed for the new Bionic Commando in June, but my hopes are fading fast.

The way I read the OP was that he was comparing the most recent games to their predecessors and saying that he was let down. So, he considered RE4 to be better than RE5 (I agree with that) He thought SF3 was better than SF4 (I agree with that too).

Racism is re5?..Its definitely got some stereotypical imagery going on..and yes I've been to Africa.

Wow you actually read the thread.  Thank you.

Yup... Capcom is definitely going down hill this gen. DMC 4 did suck. Although ironically their rehashes of older games like Megaman 9 and Bionic Commando Rearmed are not bad. BUT THESE ARE NOT NEXT GEN GAMES! I am still keeping my fingers crossed for the new Bionic Commando in June, but my hopes are fading fast.

Capcom downloadable games are fantastic, Megaman 9, Bionic commando, Street Fighter HD remake I would of bought at full price.  I don't understand how these games with a lot less development and budget turned out to be much better games than Capcom's retail releases. 

You should've known about all this going into either game. I realized Capcom was throwing SFIII under the bus months ago.

Sadly I actually had faith and nostalgic moments can be a real bitch.  I mean come on its a new Street Fighter and Resident Evil after all these years, who wasn't excited?

I cant talk about SF4 but RE5 is great. My brother have layed it since we bought it day 1 and havent stoped, I cant because I have my classes and stuff for the university but still have played a lot and loved it.
To much whining.

And no way megaman 9 or street fighter HD remake are better than DMC4 or RE5, this is plain stupid, no one would pay the ammount of money they did to play the last 2 to play the first 2(maybe some idiot but I dont care about them).

One guy said he was saying RE5 was crap based on what gamers on forums said, tell u something, these whiny fanboys tend to put down good games to look more educated and cool, as well if they are mad because RE5 isnt on wii, or if someone said DMC4 couldnt be done on wii, GTA4 was more of the same, bla bla bla.

They will just call it RE 4.5 or something that seems clever to them.

RE is fine, its a great game, DMC4 is too and surely SF4 is too.

Only thing I can say in response to the original post is...

In regards to SF4, I like it, and I love the theme song.  As for RE5, I don't care for Zombies much.  And it is now too late for me to care.

I want my J-Man Kung Fu Magic!