By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter 4 and Resident Evil 5 are not worthy.

i feel the same i miss the horror feel that 1-3 have

Around the Network

I would have to agree with RE5 sucking.... i mean the racism comment well thats just wrong....

but the rest of the game is very meh.  There is nothing in it to survive... there is no fear in playing like there was in the old games.  I dunno IMO it just was not what i thought a RE game would be like.

I just don't get why people are attacking the poster..... i understand you don't agree with his views but then state yours and move on.   He has just as much a right to complain about a game that everyone loves as everyone has to praise a game that everyone loves.

If everyone all liked the same games and all expressed the same feeling towards a game then there would never be a reason for fourms other to reassure yourself that you are right.

Dinomax, get a life man. if you dont like the game we really dont want to hear about it!

If you didn't want to hear about it, you wouldn't of click on thread, read it and replied.  Also once again portugese/spanish.

You make a few good points and then you ruin it with the totally unnecessary and ridiculous "racism" nonsense at the end...

Racism.

discriminatory or abusive behavior towards members of another race.

Dictionary, great book.  

- This is one of the major problems this generation. People don't embrace unique and impressive innovations in gaming like graphics or gameplay. I think Street Fighter has one of the unique gaming engines in the industry and people don't embrace that. Whats wrong with you?! Atleast they tried something different. I know its not as good as the other games in the franchise but atleast they wanted it to be different in terms of graphics. This is the same problem with Mirror's Edge, everybody hated the controls and that it had no color other than white. Seriously, if its different doesn't mean its a bad game.

The point of my thread is saying Street Fighter 4 is NOT as good as the other games.  Having different graphics is not an innovation considering they returned to the same slower 3D fighting engine and gameplay of the EX series.

I guess every game in history where you kill white people is racist too? oh wait no they aren't!! Oh yeah, I forgot - Double Standard

Racism.

discriminatory or abusive behavior towards members of another race.

Dictionary, great book.  *pats book*

I have to agree with every one here on this thread. So you don't like SF4 because you can't parry? SF3 is the only version of SF with that type of parry system. SF2 didnt have it, Alpha didnt have it. What it sounds like is that you might have gotten good with some cheezy skills in SF3 and when they get nerfed *gasp* you actually have to learn some new skills. SF4 has parrys too they just take more skill to perform. Don't be so one sided. And yes I would rather use Guile then "Remmy the emo pirate" any day.

Of course you might be extra mad since you spent like $200 bucks on Joysticks and are still getting pwned. It's a shame you only have the 360 version or I'd show you how to destroy people without a single parry.

Dinomax said:

The treasure in 5 is no way like treasure hunting in 4 or earn you enough as in 4.  The next question is, who are you selling the treasure too?  Theres no merchant.

Well me personally, i was selling the treasure during the chapter end sequences, ya know, the ones where you can buy/upgrade weapons? You move in to the box at the bottom, move across to treasure, select and sell.

"Everything I tell you is a lie. Every question I ask you is a trick. You will find no truth in me."

WraithPriests PC:                
QX6850@3.6GHZ

4GB OCZ Reaper X PC8000
GTX470 (774/1548/3900)    
nForce 780i MoBo
1.25TB HDD (1x1TB, 1x250GB)
A+ El Diablo 2 Case
Vista x64
Around the Network
Dinomax said:

1- Loved the suitcase and easy management of all your items, out the window that goes with a smaller inventory with shitty layout designs.  No I DONT want to equip my herbs I want to use it straight away Why? equipping it allows you to run to your teammate and heal them at the same time. Sure the AI sheva is always next to you anyhow, but MP is different.  I want to PAUSE my game and organise myself, not force myself to run away so I can get my stuff organised and hope the enemys don't chase me. Pausing is hardcore!

2-  Hey it plays like Resident Evil 4...too bad those controls are slow, clunky and after Dead Space as well Gears of War it  NEEDED to be updated.  Cover System sucks and the controls are NOT up to the task of you fighting against large amount of enemys (or enjoying yourself) in anyway.  Cover system is only meant to be used in a couple of parts. Think of it as a puzzle piece, because otherwise you would die. Play the game on hardcore mode and lemme know what you think of cover system.

3- Hey Capcom psst I got a secret for you...its called pacing.  Going straight into the hectic gunfight with more of the same over and over isn't pacing. How is it more of the same?

4- The enemys take WAY to many bullets to kill.  I agree for levels 3 through 6, but the first ones often take 1 or 2 bullets from an upgraded gun. Then  again the game is supposed to get harder, so they get harder to kill... I know this was done because of co op but when I'm checking my watch or even having the person I'm playing with ask ""Can we go to next level now?  Because this is getting boring"" is NOT a good sign of good game design. Its a sign that your partner has ADD.

5- The bosses suck or dumbed down.  OH NO ITS A GIANT!  ITS NOT LIKE IT TOOK ONE PERSON TO KILL IT IN THE LAST GAME!  QUICK INTO THE JEEP AND PRESS THE WIN BUTTON! Actually, beating that boss takes coordination. When it attacks, you both have to be shooting it, otherwise it won't reel back. This can get complicated for people who have only played it once or twice and are trying to kill the mobs shooting arrows and dodging attacks and shooting him together.

6- No weapon seller or special treasure collecting?  Go to hell Capcom. ?? I found treasures all over the place. Did you even play the game? Plus you can buy and sell anything in between levels.

7- I have to PAY for the online multiplayer despite I already PAY FOR XBOX LIVE? Really? On PS3 it's free. Are you sure you've played the game??

8- When actually playing with the AI its absolutly window licking retarded. AI survives longer than I do most of the time, And I've beaten the game with S rank on normal and I'm halfway through veteran on S rank. She even manages to get out of the way when I'm aiming behind her. Clever girl!

9- Enemy variety?  I guess capcom was just to busy cramming in as much racism to actually think of new enemys. Dude the enemies are so varied. There are like 9 different models for mobs in each area. Are you talking about the ways in which they attack? There's a molotov guy, dynamite guy, guys with different weapons including spear, shovel, scythe and they all have different attacks. Arrow guy, flaming arrow, dynamite arrow, spider, two different dogs, big guy with sledgehammer, fatman, worm-head, crab-body majini, flying thing, mini sludge thing, guys with guns, lickers, sword arms monster, chaingun badguy, and many others...

WraithPriest said:
Dinomax said:

The treasure in 5 is no way like treasure hunting in 4 or earn you enough as in 4.  The next question is, who are you selling the treasure too?  Theres no merchant.

Well me personally, i was selling the treasure during the chapter end sequences, ya know, the ones where you can buy/upgrade weapons? You move in to the box at the bottom, move across to treasure, select and sell.

haha, he's gunna find like 200k worth of treasure now.

Dinomax said:

Now to Resident Evil 5.

I played through on Co-op and the majority of the time I argued with my girlfriend because this game is not enjoyable in any sense.

1- Loved the suitcase and easy management of all your items, out the window that goes with a smaller inventory with shitty layout designs.  No I DONT want to equip my herbs I want to use it straight away.  I want to PAUSE my game and organise myself, not force myself to run away so I can get my stuff organised and hope the enemys don't chase me. You can just click use instead of equiping them.

2-  Hey it plays like Resident Evil 4...too bad those controls are slow, clunky and after Dead Space as well Gears of War it  NEEDED to be updated.  Cover System sucks and the controls are NOT up to the task of you fighting against large amount of enemys (or enjoying yourself) in anyway. The game engine is outdated ill agree but its not awful

3- Hey Capcom psst I got a secret for you...its called pacing.  Going straight into the hectic gunfight with more of the same over and over isn't pacing. 

4- The enemys take WAY to many bullets to kill.  I know this was done because of co op but when I'm checking my watch or even having the person I'm playing with ask ""Can we go to next level now?  Because this is getting boring"" is NOT a good sign of good game design. I agree but once you upgrade your gun they die fast,and on easy they die in 2 shots from the first handgun.

5- The bosses suck or dumbed down.  OH NO ITS A GIANT!  ITS NOT LIKE IT TOOK ONE PERSON TO KILL IT IN THE LAST GAME!  QUICK INTO THE JEEP AND PRESS THE WIN BUTTON!

6- No weapon seller or special treasure collecting?  Go to hell Capcom.You can collect treasure and you sell it back to the BSAA,thats where you buy your weapons from ya know.

7- I have to PAY for the online multiplayer despite I already PAY FOR XBOX LIVE? LOLWut? I didnt pay not once.

8- When actually playing with the AI its absolutly window licking retarded. There bugs,how smart do you want bugs to be?

9- Enemy variety?  I guess capcom was just to busy cramming in as much racism to actually think of new enemys. Actually they threw random mexican and asian which dosent make sense,and its always the same 6 monsters,The one with the cornrolls,The one shirtless,The 2 wiht the shirts on,The asian,the latin.

This game is one of the pinnacle of whats wrong with this generation of gaming.  With all that technology time and money you make a WORST game.  Despite Resident Evil 4 inspired a lot of developers and others took what it did and improved on it, Capcom sat back and said ""fuck it"" like Street Fighter 4 its nothing new or even TRY but because you got your pretty graphics most of the gaming community will stand up and start applauding it. ok sure....

These games don't deserve the number at the end of there names or mentioned in the same sentance as the other games that actually pushed the series forward.  Not back.

My response.

Garnett said:
Dinomax said:

Now to Resident Evil 5.

8- When actually playing with the AI its absolutly window licking retarded. There bugs,how smart do you want bugs to be? He means sheva

9- Enemy variety?  I guess capcom was just to busy cramming in as much racism to actually think of new enemys. Actually they threw random mexican and asian which dosent make sense,and its always the same 6 monsters,The one with the cornrolls,The one shirtless,The 2 wiht the shirts on,The asian,the latin. I didn't notice mexicans or asians. But there are much more than 6 monsters. I already listed them all.

My response.

Street Fighter 4 is the worst fighting game on PS3 so far. Yes, EVEN worse than Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe. :P

I agree that King of Fighters XII is gonna destroy Street Fighter 4, and then... and then... BlazBlue will conquer all! Muahahahaha... well maybe not Soul Calibur but BlazBlue will rule!