By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter 4 and Resident Evil 5 are not worthy.

Dinomax said:

Note I'm not trolling, this is my honest oppion.  I own both games ah screw it I get banned when I sneeze literally.

I cannot stress how excited I was for these two titles.  I still regularly play Street Fighter 3 on my dreamcast and an arcade in Melbourne City.  I'v finished Resident Evil 4 at least 5 times.   So naturally the sequals to these two games must truley be the pinnacle of gaming and carry the torch that these games lit on much weaker hardware right?

Nope.  Lets start with Street Fighter 4.

1- The graphics are ugly.  Facial expressions and motion blur are the only highlight of this engine because lets face it, its slow, clunky and every character is WAY TO BIG. No, they're not.

2- Hit detection is shit and priority grabs are bullshit. No, they're not. It's just a different timing, more like the first SF3/SF2.

3- No parrying?  Why, you hate fast offensive gameplay?  That stupid concentration charge attack is too slow and can be seen a mile coming away. Ever tried focus (without charging it, aka stage 1? guess not.

4- One special per character.  Revenge is the same special but more stronger.   What, the, hell.  Street Fighter 3 had THREE specials per character. No, they're different. See, this one proves you didn't play the game, so I won't bother anymore with u.

5- Is there a soundtrack or variety in level design at all in this game?  Nope.  Ok excpet the intro.

6- Capcom jibbed us on new characters, we got 13, count it THIRTEEN new characters in Street Fighter 3.  You had TEN YEAR gap to think of what four new characters?  YOU HAVE SIX CHARACTERS WITH ALL THE SAME FIGHTING STYLE FOR GODS SAKE. 

7- The games balance is in the bin, face it I beat the entire game by spamming zangiefs spinning lariot.

8- The animated films are lazy and give nothing back in story.

9-  SETH is unbalanced and not fair in any advantage.  The game BEGS you to cheat because it sure does. 

Still its not as bad as Mortal Kombat vs DC.  But honestly as a street fighter fan and fighting game fanatic this is just crap, we waited ten years for literally a DOWNGRADE of everything.  Screw it, the new king of fighters is going to wipe this games face across the floor. 

Now to Resident Evil 5.

I played through on Co-op and the majority of the time I argued with my girlfriend because this game is not enjoyable in any sense.

1- Loved the suitcase and easy management of all your items, out the window that goes with a smaller inventory with shitty layout designs.  No I DONT want to equip my herbs I want to use it straight away.  I want to PAUSE my game and organise myself, not force myself to run away so I can get my stuff organised and hope the enemys don't chase me.

2-  Hey it plays like Resident Evil 4...too bad those controls are slow, clunky and after Dead Space as well Gears of War it  NEEDED to be updated.  Cover System sucks and the controls are NOT up to the task of you fighting against large amount of enemys (or enjoying yourself) in anyway. 

3- Hey Capcom psst I got a secret for you...its called pacing.  Going straight into the hectic gunfight with more of the same over and over isn't pacing. 

4- The enemys take WAY to many bullets to kill.  I know this was done because of co op but when I'm checking my watch or even having the person I'm playing with ask ""Can we go to next level now?  Because this is getting boring"" is NOT a good sign of good game design.

5- The bosses suck or dumbed down.  OH NO ITS A GIANT!  ITS NOT LIKE IT TOOK ONE PERSON TO KILL IT IN THE LAST GAME!  QUICK INTO THE JEEP AND PRESS THE WIN BUTTON! 

6- No weapon seller or special treasure collecting?  Go to hell Capcom. 

7- I have to PAY for the online multiplayer despite I already PAY FOR XBOX LIVE? 

8- When actually playing with the AI its absolutly window licking retarded. 

9- Enemy variety?  I guess capcom was just to busy cramming in as much racism to actually think of new enemys.

This game is one of the pinnacle of whats wrong with this generation of gaming.  With all that technology time and money you make a WORST game.  Despite Resident Evil 4 inspired a lot of developers and others took what it did and improved on it, Capcom sat back and said ""fuck it"" like Street Fighter 4 its nothing new or even TRY but because you got your pretty graphics most of the gaming community will stand up and start applauding it. 

These games don't deserve the number at the end of there names or mentioned in the same sentance as the other games that actually pushed the series forward.  Not back.

Around the Network

SFIV isn't unbalanced, you obviously must have played against Easy or Normal CPU when spamming with Sagat lol. Also, you know how easy it is to Focus Attack when you know when your opponent is going to hit? You can EX Focus Cancel to mess around you your opponent. SFIV is just like all the other SF, and way better than SF 3rd Strike just because the cast is much better.

RE 5 = RE 4, and there is treasure hunting, and you sell the treasure for cash.

This thread is stupid and just an excuse for him to earn VGC$. Now I feel guilty for contributing.

But since he wants reasons for people saying it's stupid, I'll tell him.

You pick two very popular games and slam them because you knew it would draw attention. And while it's an honest opinion if you don't like either game as much as earlier ones in their respective series, you come off sounding like a whiny bitch when you tell Capcom to F' off or whatever it is you said.

You're clearly in the minority since most people and reviews have liked both games which goes back to the point about slamming the games to earn VGC$. A lot of your reasons I might have went along with but you lost any respect I'd give you when you went on your racism nonsense.

It's funny how games for years have painted white people most commonly as the villian and many other races but soon as black people are the main villians in a game. OMG! Games like Saint's Row or San Andreas are far worse in that sense andnot that I personally have any problem with them.

You go on to say that not all of Africa is like that. I'm sure it isn't but did you ever think that ummm....maybe....the part of Africa they were at was like that? It's funny was thinking does.

So why don't you just stop before you come across even more like an idiot.

You know whats funny, just click my profile and VGC$  usage and you would of seen,I don't use it all.  Nor do I care since its not real money.

Would of saved you a lot of time doing that.  

Funny how no one else trys to defend Resident Evil 5 except for the racism argument either.

SFIV isn't unbalanced, you obviously must have played against Easy or Normal CPU when spamming with Sagat lol. Also, you know how easy it is to Focus Attack when you know when your opponent is going to hit? You can EX Focus Cancel to mess around you your opponent. SFIV is just like all the other SF, and way better than SF 3rd Strike just because the cast is much better.

RE 5 = RE 4, and there is treasure hunting, and you sell the treasure for cash.

Once again, you didn't read the first post. 

I could beat the game on hard.  While spamming with Zangief.  I know you can cancel with Focus but once again its still too slow, great against hadoken spammers but most the time you wont hit most people with a full charge Focus vs a quick parry.

The treasure in 5 is no way like treasure hunting in 4 or earn you enough as in 4.  The next question is, who are you selling the treasure too?  Theres no merchant.

No, they're different. See, this one proves you didn't play the game, so I won't bother anymore with u.

Uh huh.

tagged for later

Well I think RE5 sucks but note that I didn't like RE4 either. As for SF, I prefer the EX series which everyone else seems to hate. I bought this SF4 anyway because I'm a sucker for SF. The super/ultra move thing seems really lazy on their part though. Those are essentially the same move lol.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
Dinomax said:

9- Enemy variety?  I guess capcom was just to busy cramming in as much racism to actually think of new enemys.

I guess every game in history where you kill white people is racist too? oh wait no they aren't!! Oh yeah, I forgot - Double Standard

I dislike, not hate resi 5 for what it should/could of been, i feel it was dumbed down into an action shooter just to appeal to the hardcore shooter crowd who will eat it up like a fat chick eats haagen dazs, resi 4 was almost perfect imo and a great step forward for the franchise but 5, not so much, so i agree with op on resi 5

Street fighter 4 on the other hands is the dogs bollocks, an absolutely phenomenal sf game that doesn't suffer because of the concessions for the noob audience like rsi 5 does so i'll disagree with op on this one.

nintendo and sega fan since i was old enough to hold a game controller.

note: my games collection on my profile is only 20ish% complete, i've got a boatload of 360,saturn and dreamcast games to add and a few ps3 games, thanks :)

Dinomax said:

Nope.  Lets start with Street Fighter 4.

1- The graphics are ugly.  Facial expressions and motion blur are the only highlight of this engine because lets face it, its slow, clunky and every character is WAY TO BIG.

- This is one of the major problems this generation. People don't embrace unique and impressive innovations in gaming like graphics or gameplay. I think Street Fighter has one of the unique gaming engines in the industry and people don't embrace that. Whats wrong with you?! Atleast they tried something different. I know its not as good as the other games in the franchise but atleast they wanted it to be different in terms of graphics. This is the same problem with Mirror's Edge, everybody hated the controls and that it had no color other than white. Seriously, if its different doesn't mean its a bad game.

You make a few good points and then you ruin it with the totally unnecessary and ridiculous "racism" nonsense at the end...

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Dinomax, get a life man. if you dont like the game we really dont want to hear about it!

SF3 did have a new cast of characters but about 80% of them were not memerable, making the fans want the original.

Also you ever hear of udon!?? SF characters have always been big specially because of udon and what they do for concepts and comics.

Honestly gamers have really closed minds, its annoying and emmbarasing.

As for RE5, it isnt racist.

i have spanish friends and they didnt care one bit how sterotypical RE4s enemies were!

I'm Chinese and how Americans portra Asians doesnt offend me.

Honestly people need to grow up and no offence not everyone are out to be rasist towards african or black people.

its American and how they sterotype everything to make them seem superior AKA American Propaganda