By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Casual games = Soulless games. Wii is not for me.

Lets think first what do you remember from your earlier games.

Remember when Meryl got shot by Sniper Wolf in Metal Gear Solid?

Remember when Sephiroth killed Aeris in Final Fantasy VII?

Or not stuff like that, stuff like in games like Grandia where you have that weird happy face trought your whole adventure?.

These games and many more have changed my personality.

I recently got Wii and I played some games.Much talk of casuals on Wii in here aswell..

First I played Resident Evil 4 which was great.

Then I played Wii sports,Wii play and SuperSmashBrosBrawl and hated them all.Wii sports and Wii play was fun but nothing more than few hours with friends. I just hated SuperSmashBrosBrawl because first its "story" was sooo kids fantasy world and contols were bad..It was ok with a friend.

Then I go to Mario Galaxy, 97 on metacritic. I really got angry in first missions and tried to play over hour but no way....I liked some Mario games I have played on Ds, Super Nintendo and CameCube and was really looking forward on this..

Zelda was pretty good but it's not enough.

Buts Its not all about Wii. I played LittleBigPlanet and again it was fun with friend and it has huge replay value but It doesn't have that soul.

So I hate Casual games since these are marked as a Casual games.

Good games need to have a soul.

Well I know everyones has a diffrent taste.

So I'm trading Wii back to Ps3 in next few week when my friend finishes its games.

I'm not gonna touch Wii ever again.

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

Thanks for the spoilers!

I never got anrgy on the first mission, because it's because you are just rubbish on it. so you never gave your self a chance to purchase mad world or even house of the dead: overkill.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

It's not a good idea to say that the console with the youngest age demographic is not your cup of tea. You're just asking for some hate.

I wouldn't just throw the Wii away and never touch it again... There will be some things worth buying in a few years.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

Hmmm... no... I guess I skipped those cutscenes.... I do remember getting level 20 at Tetris for the GameBoy... made me feel sooooo goooood.. cause that was GAMEPLAY... you know.. the heart & soul of a game...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I bet you didnt even played those games, and I doubt you have a Wii. That "I'm never gonna touch it again" old, overused line is a thing of the past. It's pretty much confirmed that the Wii is seeing some good support, but if you judge the console over 3 games that you played with you mind set already to dislike and hate those games, then of course this was going to happen. Smash Bros controls perfectly well and SMG is a masterpiece.
Those aren't casual games. Brawl is perhaps one of the most hardcore games this gen. Single player clocking more than 200 hours to get 100% and then 500 more hours if you are into multiplayer.

These threads are never going to end.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

It sounds to me like what you really like is *story*.

And, that's fine, but it's not the only thing that every person can enjoy in a video game.

I mean, what *I* remember from my earlier games are experiences with Centipede and Tapper in the arcade, or Super Mario Bros., Baseball and Pro Wrestling on the NES. None of those things had moments like Aeris in Final Fantasy, but that doesn't mean they weren't fun.

Games like Super Mario Galaxy and Wii Sports might have more in common with those older games than the plot-heavy JRPGs and Stealth games that came later, but be careful with charged (but elusive, and almost meaningless) terms like "soul."

I mean, from my point of view, Galaxy has a ton of "soul" (though not story).

What the devil is "soul"?

I thought I knew what you were talking about, but I don't. Your taste in games is diferent from other people. That's all. No need to bash other people's taste, just cuz you don't get it.
Besides, why get an HD console right now? To shoot stuff? That's as souless as you get.
See how I made myself sound like a complete asshole there? That's what you did.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!