By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will a $99 X-Box 360 outsell a $250 wii?

madskillz said:
Slimebeast said:
Is this Megaman2?

After badgenome's analysis, I'm going with leetgeek. Same MO - same immature personal attacks, same outrageous foolishness.

lol yes. It's clearly a flame bait thread.

But I do have to admit I find him a bit funny, if he is Megaman2...

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
madskillz said:
Slimebeast said:
Is this Megaman2?

After badgenome's analysis, I'm going with leetgeek. Same MO - same immature personal attacks, same outrageous foolishness.

lol yes. It's clearly a flame bait thread.

But I do have to admit I find him a bit funny, if he is Megaman2...

Dude I didn't start the Arcade going down to $99 rumor. Second what is so insulting about the arcade going down to $99?

I would def upgrade to a newer model,

arcade down to $99?? not going to happen for a long time man. I don't think MS can make up the loss trying to sell live to casuals- they won't buy in. Sadly though i think MS might make an aggressive move like this next year despite the losses it would cause, cause their real reason of being here is to take out Sony; not be successful in the game's business. Let's face it if PlayStation were left alone, Microsoft fears they would have the resources to start chipping into window's market share as a viable PC alternative - Not with PS3, but with future PlayStation products.

I eat penis for 9$

Around the Network
sponnyroad said:
I eat penis for 9$

Do you accept VG$?

If I could get a used 360 for under $60 I would consider getting one. Until then, my $500 PS3 is a much better value. They may have to drop the price of a new 360 down to $75 to get resellers like GameStop to drop the used price down below $60 though. It's hard to say. $99 may not be cheap enough for what you get.

A $99 360 would outsell a $250 wii.

That would be 50% of what one costs now. I don't see Microsoft doing that, at least not with the Wii and PS3 still at their current price points.

it will be in that price point in a year or two.
so will know by that time.

gamecube once hit that price... it didn't sold much better.

but also didn't have a reason to still be selling like DVD/CD Player.

Jo21 said:
it will be in that price point in a year or two.
so will know by that time.

gamecube once hit that price... it didn't sold much better.

but also didn't have a reason to still be selling like DVD/CD Player.

@Jo21:  I agree, except do you see the wii still being at $250 while the 360 is at $99?