By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will a $99 X-Box 360 outsell a $250 wii?

I see the $99 Arcade model being a get them until they are gone ploy as it gets phased out to make room for the new 60 GB $199 SKU.
MS goes after the Wii when they decide to release their motion controls and the third parties start multi-platforming the "party games"

Around the Network

It will outsell the Wii in NA for a short time, possibly even in Europe. But long term? No. Everyone just loves the Wii it seems, regardless of price difference.

It could easily outsell the Wii in Japan if it gets a steadly release of JRPGs or Japanese oriented games.

It's just that simple.

Please don't hyphen Xbox.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

It depends on wich games are released this year

Kasz216 said:
99 Gamecube didn't do so hot... I don't believe it would.

This. It would get a temporary boost, but I don't think the 360 would overtake the Wii on the longterm. A Wii is a Wii, a 360 isn't.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

Around the Network

There's a huge chance to surpass Wii sales in NA, but not WW.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

Ya itd outsell the Wii for sure, and im sure we'd see homebrew on the 360 a lot sooner too

Nope, no way it would.

$60 for a game and the console is $99, seems fishy and pretty wrong imo. Most parents would be like "What!?!?! Why is that!?".

• 2010 MUST Haves: WKC, Heavy Rain, GoWIII, Fable III, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Darksiders, FFXIII, Alan Wake, No More Heroes 2, Fragile Dreams: FRotM, Trinity: SoZ, BFBC2.
  • Older Need To Buys: Super Mario Bros. Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Deadspace, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2.

There is definitely more to list that I want, but that's my main focus there.

no way gc vs ps2

You can't compare last-gen to this one. PS2 held a 70% market share.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^