By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Will a $99 X-Box 360 outsell a $250 wii?

A 99 dollar 360 would out sell the wii and it would kill the PS3.
even a 149 dollar 360 would out sell the wii and PS3

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Around the Network

Why would it drop to $99? I can't think of a single console in the past 9 years that hit $99 besides the GC.

MS is raking in major profit on each 360 sold. They're not going to sacrifice the $50+ they make per system sold (and their selling quite nicely at the moment) just so they can try and catch Nintendo, something that would never happen anyway. Hell, at $99 they'd probably be selling the things at a loss again.

makingmusic476 said:
Why would it drop to $99? I can't think of a single console in the past 9 years that hit $99 besides the GC.

MS is raking in major profit on each 360 sold. They're not going to sacrifice the $50+ they make per system sold (and their selling quite nicely at the moment) just so they can try and catch Nintendo, something that would never happen anyway. Hell, at $99 they'd probably be selling the things at a loss again.

Dreamcast fool! And if you didn't pick one up for that price, shame on you!

I think what it comes down to is... Wii has the best fucking bowling game money can buy. Unless the 360 gets some sort of motion device and a bowling game Microsoft might as well wrap it up and cut their losses.

definitely in EU close in NA and no chance in Japan

Play Me

Around the Network

Not for an arcade. If they took the Elite down to 150 tho, it could. Hell, for 100- 150, Id get a 360, but not a gimped one.