By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Isnt Halo just way OverHyped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With Rocketpig on this one.

One would expect the term 'overhyped' to apply to a game that was greatly anticipated and which, perhaps, got great reviews, but which turns out to disliked by many people. Halo is anything but overhyped, given that Halo 2 remains incredibly popular to this day.

In short 'overhyped' does not mean the same thing as 'I don't like this game'.

Around the Network
GotchayeX said:

One would expect the term 'overhyped' to apply to a game that was greatly anticipated and which, perhaps, got great reviews, but which turns out to disliked by many people. Halo is anything but overhyped, given that Halo 2 remains incredibly popular to this day.

I didnt say i dont like the game i think it is okay bu not worthy enough to buy a 360

@fnl: Maybe not enough to buy 360, but to people who own 360 already, this may be big.

@Topic: It may be overhyped, but let's wait until it gets released. Sales numbers and gamers opinions tells us a lot more about the subject.
Halo 3 being hyped, means that Halo 2 was popular, and since Halo 3 finishes the story, a lot of Halo 3 hype is about finishing the story, not so much about game itself being possibly great. Just like you had to see Matrix revolutions because Matrix reloaded didn't have an ending.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

starcraft said:
A much better online multiplay fps? name one?
Perfect Dark and goldeneye are better fps, but for online multiplayer there simply is nothing better than Halo.
And before he arrives here, no leo-j, RFOM is not better than halo 1, 2 or three

UT2k4

If you want to go with console online, then sure. But sorry UT2k4 is still one of the funnest ways to spend an evening..hell I am doing it right now =P

You can completely mod and customize everything and there are servers full of completely new maps, vehicles, and even weapons. All made by players for players, and they are a hell of a lot of fun.

PS - its all opinion anyways =) 

@OP,

Yes Halo is overhyped, no its not a big deal. There are a lot of people who like the game and they are entitled to their day in the sun just like any other game.

To Each Man, Responsibility

@ Rocketpig- Exactly.

On topic- It doesn't really matter is you aren't enthused about the game, It will be huge. Think of it as any one of the Triliogy movies out this year. I personally felt Spider-man 3 was a bit off, and not really blockbuster caliber. That did not stop the movie from making a huge amount of money. And I don't lose sleep because a movie I didn't really click with was successful. I am sure that Halo 3 will deliver exactly what a great many people want it to.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

Around the Network

It was hype that made me buy Halo 1, and I regretted that deeply, however thats not to say it is a bad game, its just a game that i don't like.. I also agree with Rocketpig on this one

fnl164 said:
GotchayeX said:

I didnt say i dont like the game i think it is okay bu not worthy enough to buy a 360

In your opinion it isn't worthy enough but who knows about the people who spend hundreds of hours (or more) playing it, I'm sure many of those people would disagree.

Halo3 is going to be the best FPS ever will and blow everything away, and this is coming from a big Sony fan. Get a couple friends and play co-op mode on legendary and there is nothing that can beat that. And if you friends start to piss you off there is always sticky grenades and a nice butt of the rifle to the head :D

I still play Halo1 and Halo2 to this day.

agree with fnl164 to some extent... Halo 1's single player campaign was underwhelming, but Halo 2's was better and the covenant missions spiced things up a bit, I gotta say i loved that mission where dat massive covenant robot is raging through the city and you have 2 jump inside it and kill all the elites but still Half Life is a better FPS game but for multiplayer I have 2 admit me and my brother notched up many hourss killing each other on halo 1 and halo 2 and doing missions co-operatively... but yess I do think it's TREMENDOUSLY OVERHYPED...and I can think of better multiplayer games 2 play...(mario kart,counterstriker,wiisports...etc.)

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

@GranTurismo:
Saying Halo is the 'best fps ever' is a MASSIVE overstatement,its not even the best fps on consoles that goes to Goldeneye(N64) and on the PC you have UT,CS,Crysis and others(i am not a PC player so i dont really know alot of PC games but i bet you there are tons of fps's that are better than Halo).

@Topic:
I too think there is way to much hype about this game and its been building since Halo2 and its now overflowing so i think fans are thinking this game is going to be the best ever will feel dissapointed because it wont be the best ever so to them it was overhyped but to the people who buy it because it was reccomended or played a demo it will be very good for them.I liked Halo1-2 but i wont be picking up 3 because i wont be getting an X360 it doesnt really bother me i will play it at friends and enjoy it and thats it like i enjoy playing the Wii at friends but i wont be buying one unless there are games i wont, everyone looks at this differently and its pointless to argue about it because its an opinion at the moment if Halo3 bombs then you could say it was overhyped but that isnt going to happen so fnl164 stop the hate because the flaming can only get worse.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)