By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Isnt Halo just way OverHyped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on gamedaily there's an article about halo's level of hype right here:

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/galleries/halo-3--who-cares/19/

theres 7 reasons so keep clickin next 2 c dem all

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

they give pretty good reasons especially about how they dnt think Halo 2 really deserved a 10 even tho they gave it a 10

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

I do not think the game is over hyped. I think people are afraid that the hype is justified. That is what the problem is some fanboy is terrified that Halo 3 is going to help the 360 obliterate their console. Frankly if your this scared for the welfare of your console. Perhaps you need to stop gaming and sell your console.

The reality is that the add campaign is nothing excessive, and neither is the logo smearing campaign. Nintendo loves to smear Mario on anything. How many places are you seeing Master Chief. What we are seeing is on par with a decent summer action flick probably less. How is that excessive we see it every year.

What your angry, because fans of the series are excited. There are millions of them there must be something to be excited about. Hell the replay on the series is insane, and gets a massive degree of support. So they spent solid months playing the last installment. They have every right to be elated.

Quite frankly attacking the quality of a unreleased game is juvenile. I heard the same nonsense about Goldeneye. Some people need to move beyond a hardware bias and appreciate games on their merits. Other wise you just might miss something you will regret. Those that averted their eyes to Goldeneye will never get a chance now to know what they missed.

Will this game move consoles yes. Even if you do not like that. Anyone who says no it will not is just being desperate. They know damn well they are wrong. When they say they would not spend the money. They really should say there is nothing that could make them buy that console. So why should anyone take their opinion seriously. They have a hardware bias, and have put money on the line. That is a conflict of interest.

I consider myself a FPS veteran. I've been there since Wolfenstein and have fragged people through a dialup connection.

Halo and Halo2 were nothing extraordinary. They were good FPS with what I believe was a pretty good storyline. (I loved the fact that you could play as the Arbiter and see the conflict from the aliens side).

However Halo + XboxLive brought alot of people together. FPS's used to be the domain of PC gamers and XBL brought to console owners what PC players have been raving about all these years. The EASY system of hooking up with friends + voice chat glued everything together in one great gaming experience.

Halo 3 might be getting a sh*tload of hype right now, but it's well earned. 

I do agree with DODECE to an extent, some people are afraid the hype is justified. 

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

Of course Halo is overhyped. When MS is able to spend $100-$150 million in simple marketing there is no way the series couldn't be overhyped.

As a game it's a good game with an amazing online. But its not the best. There are better series out there and better games out there. Much better. What I find about most people when they talk about Halo is they either give it too much credit or too little credit. It's a good game and that's it. It's not an amazing series and it's not a bad series. Find a nice median.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
leo-j said:
starcraft said:
FJ-Warez said:
leo-j said:
@starcraft

How would you know if resistance's multiplayer is better or not? You havent even touched the game.

is this revenge leo-j ???? :P

On topic:

Maybe is not the best FPS out there, but a lot of people like it, and there is a lot of people waiting to buy it(Millions but the piracy will hurt the sales), the sales probably will kept the level of his predecesors, plain and easy...

Actually leo-j, i have. A friend of mine lives locally and i have played RFOM at his place. Admittedely i havent spent enough time with the game to know it intimately, but then i havent spent much time with halo either. Play the two for a short period of time and its immediately apparent that Halo possesses far greater balance and a much higher 'fun' factor

Well I happen to have halo the FULL game on pc, and resistance rapes it. (Sorry if Im being, fanboyish but its easily the truth)

So your comparing a console game that was ported to a PC four or five yrs ago to a game that came out on a console late last yr with a higher budget? Have you played Halo 2 on xbox? I know that sometimes it must be hard to look at your $600 paperweight and realise that a 6 yr old gaming console that u can pick up used for a $100 has a far better multiplayer game, but please at least keep the fanboyishness within the realm of reality. The ps3 will undoubtadely have some great multiplayer games in the future, apparently warhawk is decent, but as for RFOM>Halo 2 (let alone 3), dont even try it leo

Im going to say it, Resistance's multiplayer RAPES HALO 2'S MULTIPLAYER. Your the one being fanboyish I for certain have played both halo and halo 2.As for my ps3 being a paper weight? I would call your burning box of green a paperweight since after playing it for 6 hours its as usefull as a brick.

mM

Flame bait..

I never liked FPS and online multiplayer in the first place... But I gave it a shot and didn't like it... I thought the controls were weird and I didn't see what was so special about this game... O-o

It is an overhyped game but meh some people (like my bf) enjoy it so w/e, I let them be while I play some games I enjoy.

GranTurismo said:
Halo3 is going to be the best FPS ever will and blow everything away, and this is coming from a big Sony fan. Get a couple friends and play co-op mode on legendary and there is nothing that can beat that. And if you friends start to piss you off there is always sticky grenades and a nice butt of the rifle to the head :D

I still play Halo1 and Halo2 to this day.

better than halo4 even? if you buy that bullshit that this is the end of a "trilogy" you have to be stupid, they WILL NOT give up this cash cow. this kind of comment is idiotic. i was gonna say something super sarcastic, but i had to respond to this. hell, i think crysis will be a *edit: MUCH* better game, though with far less copies sold.

saying that, yes halo3 will be very popular, but as far as how good it is only amounts to different tastes, i personally do not like these spastic types of shooters, like UT, etc. i do like the co-op story mode, but i severly dislike this style of online multiplayer. i think rainbox six multilayer is better, so there =p

Since this site is based off sales figures, compare Halo to any other modern fps franchise in which you think has sold more. How could a highly lucrative game be overhyped? As mentioned b4, u just don't like the game ..........so ignore it (for the next 2 yrs).

By the way, I originally bought xbox just for Halo 1 & 2. In my opinion, the series should be up to Halo 5 by now, if it was up to me.