By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Killzone 2 to drive XBox 360 owners to PS3, claims Sony"

sony is dreaming now. poor sony . :(

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
@ gebx

Once again, a fair post from you :)

Much respect man!

All my posts are fair..

Or am I to assume that my posts are only fair when I say good things about Sony, and trolling when i say negative things?

anyways.. thats off-topic

On topic - ahah love the graph smeags!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Kz2 looks like a very well done shooter, but I can't imagine spending $400-$500 to play it when I have halo3, gears 2, etc on the 360. I'll ask around at the 360 party this weekend to see if any of the other guys are considering getting a ps3 to play this game.

Procrastinato said:

The guy's statement was simple, and undeniably true. The magnitude of its impact is, of course, indeterminable. 

Well put.

While the hardcore might be incensed at the notion, the simple fact is this game has more then likely converted, or will convert, a few formally 360 only owners into multiplatform owners.

All exclusives to a degree probably drive a a small portion of gamers to do the same, but it's the big exclusive titles that rope in larger crowds.

Also, as has already been mentioned, the interests and tastes of the rival consoles install base plays a vital role. For example, I would imagine some of the exclusive JRPG's in Japan (SO4, TLR etc.) drove some PS3 only owners into making a 360 purchase. Just as the shooter crowd, many of which have their home made on the 360, would be interested in a game like KZ2.

Zucas said:
I couldn't imagine why they would for that but ok Sony haha.

Because they want to play a freaking amazing shooter?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Sony continues along the River Denial...KZ2 has come, and it is gone...impact was minimum...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

The statement is true but then the damage would be minimal anyway ... think of all the PS3 fans who went on to buy a 360 for the best 3 FPS's this generation Gears, Gears 2 and Halo 3.

seece said:
The statement is true but then the damage would be minimal anyway ... think of all the PS3 fans who went on to buy a 360 for the best 3 FPS's this generation Gears, Gears 2 and Halo 3.

I'd hope not as Gears 1 and 2 are not First Person Shooters.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
seece said:

I'd hope not as Gears 1 and 2 are not First Person Shooters.

Yeah yeah whatever. All the same to me

Nope. If Resistance, Uncharted, MGS, and Lbp couldn't do it, nothing will convince Xbox players. In addition, most people don't even know what Killzone is, so I doubt this game will affect anything. As a matter of fact, I would expect this game to convince ps3 gamers to get a 360 because Xbox 360 has so many great shooters. This game could be a gateway drug for ps3 owners, which will lead to Xbox. I think the opposite affect is more likely. However, both situations are kind of a long shot.